“At least it had a bed....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5025 Market St., Wilmington, NC 28405 (Formerly Greentree Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Shreveport, Louisiana
“At least it had a bed....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

No water for over 2 hrs, carpet was soaking wet, door lock was broken, got bitten by bedbugs, fridge in poor condition and dead roaches on the floor. This place should have an hourly rate from what we saw hanging out there. Checked out a day early without a refund to keep from crying! The advertised buffet breakfast was continental style.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Took a short (impromptu) weekend (beach) trip in early August, 2013. Got a room with a king bed - the bed was very comfortable. The fridge and microwave were pleasant surprises. Nice size TV. As regards bang for the buck, my stay was very positive. A short drive or bike ride to the beach, numerous eating establishments within walking distance and a short drive to the riverfront downtown. The breakfast was standard issue, but for the money, imminently OK.

The swimming pool was well maintained and enjoyed.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Although we originally planned to stay only one night, we decided to stay a second night just because of the access to so many activities. The Econo Lodge in Wilmington's was in a convenient location allowing us to have easy access both the main city and the beach area. There are several restaurants in the immediate area to give guests a choice when going out to eat. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. Hotel's pool was clear, and nice. The staff allowed the pool to be accessible throughout the day and evening. The kids loved the pool. Staff members were pleasant. A variety of items were available for guests at the continental breakfast. Staff consistently kept items on stock for guest arriving later. The area for eating was clean. The hotel's location is very close to the beach. Beds were comfortable and clean. Air conditioning units worked. My kids were treated respectfully and welcomed as guests. (Sometimes places are not so kid friendly, so that is a definite kudos to the staff here. ) . Wi-Fi service was consistent and fast. Staff went out of their way to ensure we were happy during our stay. I would recommend it to others and stay there if I returned to the Wilmington area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hickory
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon arrival I was nervous due to the hotel looking a bit older than I am use to. However, to my surprise the customer service was great, breakfast was nice and the beds were perfect. I was so comfortable and if I needed anything the manager Jolly was there to meet our needs. When I come back to Wilmington I will be returning to this motel. If you are a traveler and are looking for a cheaper hotel, but want quality service then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
elwilm, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and enjoyed our bed. I will share your comment with rest of my staff and we look forward to having you again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Jolly, Diana, and Priscilla were awesome! Great service, clean hotel! We had a poolside room that was great, the pool was clean, and the shower right next to the pool was very convenient. Staff gave great directions to where we needed/wanted to go and were very personable. Jolly assisted with all of our needs and was extremely helpful. Thanks everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I will share your comments with Diana and Priscilla. Pls. come stay with us again. We love to provide you with nice clean place to stay with friendly atmosphere. Looking forward to see you again soon. Take care.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

As this was my 1st time visiting Wilmington, NC, I was fortunate to choose this Econo Lodge Inn located at 5025 Market St. Wilmington, NC 28405. Rosette who was the front desk clerk greeted me with a smile and was sincerely courteous. When I had questions regarding the historic aspects of Wilmington as well as places to dine out, Jolly the General Manager who also happened to be present at the desk provided me with a wealth of information. And by the way, the Japanese Restaurant that he had suggested was close to the hotel and superior to many that I had enjoyed in larger cities such as New York and Boston. The House Keeping Staff were as good as it gets and very polite. The one thing that I usually come away with is a sore back after sleeping in a strange bed. Not at this Inn, I felt better when I checked out than I did before I checked in, so that proved to me that this facility chose high quality bedding. The experience was so good that I look forward to my next vacation. I will surely stay at this fine Econo Lodge again. I rate this Inn Excellent in every possible area. Richard

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you sincerely for taking time to write review about your most recent stay at our hotel. i am really glad that we were able to make your stay during 1st visit in Wilmington a pleasant one. Yes we do use high quality bedding which is th standard of Choice. I will share your comment with my front desk as well as back of the house staff. We look forward to having you again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rosette greeted me with a smile she was very polite helpful and courteous. The GM- Jolly was very helpful and courteous. I will rate this hotel a 10 out of 10 and would recommend my friends to this hotel

Room Tip: I stayed on the south side of the building. it was very quiet. I would recommend this side of the bu...