“Stay at Wyndham Wilmington” 4 of 5 stars

You added Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5126 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28405   |
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Littleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Never disappointed when you stay at Wingate. Even the elevators and the hallways look and smell clean!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WilmingtonPattiB, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Wilmington.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was quite pleased with the quality of my stay at this property. Especially given the weekday rate I caught on the web (89). I did a good bit of research prior to my trip and what I found is what locals agreed, that this is about the nicest property in this entire area. You can go into other areas of the city, down by the water, etc. But in this area - convenient to a number of fast and casual food choices, a CostCo round the corner and easy access to the Interstate back out of town - well this should be your first choice - unless you just have to have a full full-service property under your bed.

Unfortunately I can’t remember all the details of my stay; I usually do … and so I cover at lot of the finer points in my review. However, I do I recall the entire property as amazingly clean and in good order (this could be relative new construction), courteous & supportive front desk staff, a reasonably large room with a large mini-fridge, very comfy king bed, no HVAC, hot water issues, loads of close-in parking space, a couple of those rolly-carts with the brass rods for toting your luggage and hanging clothes in and out. All good. The self-perk coffee gizmo, I remember that as being a bit messy to deal with, in some manner.

If there was any downside, it is what I recall of the breakfast buffet. You’ve seen this quickie, pre-fab breakfast line-up before. Cereals de jour, those weird dry mass-manufactured Danish pastries, stir-em-up powdered eggs in a stainless steel covered server, fountain-dispensed so-so orange juice. And so on. It’s nothing to get excited about -- and you know that already. What can you say bad about it, really, given it’s all included in the stay. My disappointment revolves around the fact that the staff had it all broke down BY 10:00am. By picking off the cart before they pushed into the back, I was able to get a plate of something or other together. Then it was all over. When the cart was gone, there wasn’t a piece of fruit left around, nothing. I think I remember a rack with saltine crackers. Come on now, I don’t know what the hurry is with this breakfast break-down thingie; it’s not like they are making room to serve lunch or anything!

Still it was a very very nice stay, I was pleased with the room, especially for the price. I’d stay again, and I recommend it, without hesitation.

Happy Motoring !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
WilmingtonPattiB, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and pointed all the wonderful services of our hotel. We certainly appreciate your valuable feedback and suggestions. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and for choosing the Wingate. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Wilmington!

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington? Share your experiences!