“MAJOR Renovations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Durham, NC
“MAJOR Renovations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Unfortunately we were not informed of renovations to the hotel entrance/lobby at the time of reservation (by phone). The room was noisy due to the elevator. Initially I thought it was a running toilet in a room upstairs, but it turned out to be the elevator. I did report the problem to the front desk.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnMedPark, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern and I apologize to you for the disruptions our renovations are causing. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Came with my wife to visit our daughter, who is at school. The Hampton Inn was close to her apt. and the price was right. I signed up on my Iphone. Everything was simple. The room was very clean and quiet. I be sure to stay there the next time we visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel is clean and quiet. Rooms are in good order but lobby and gym are currently being renovated. Website did a good job notifying patrons that construction is underway but it won't affect room appearance/cleanliness. Would stay again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnMedPark, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of our guests' patience while we are completing renovations and we hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Ericka Hall
910-796-8881
ericka.hall@hilton.com
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at this property. Normally when I work in Wilmington I stay at another place. I was not disappointed. Although they were remodeling the lobby, it was a great place to stay. The four circle rating instead of five is due to the remodel, I'm sure it will be five when finished. The check in was back in an office and you had to find it, although there were signs to help you. (Due to the remodel). The staff was wonderful and eager to help. If you haven't been in the area the hotel may be a little hard to find but it is worth the effort. I can't comment on the pool, breakfast, or the wireless connection,as I did not use them, but if it is like other Hamptons I'm sure they were just fine. There are plenty of places to eat within four or five miles. The beaches are also close by. I will stay here again, and would recommend to anyone going this way.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side, as I always try to get on the back at any hotel for less noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We flew to North Carolina from the West Coast for our grandson's wedding and arrived late, actually early in the morning the next day, and upon checking into the Hampton Inn Wilimington Medical Park was greeted warmly by the desk clerk. The room she had for us was great, warm, and much appreciated. The breakfast was amazing and we have stayed in many Hamptons, our preferred hotel chain. We are here for a couple more days and looking forward to a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for a few days. Front desk as awesome and the rooms were clean and good size. Good location for any Wilmington area. Breakfast was well done. Clean, well stocked. I would definitely stay here again.
A little hard to find if you're unfamiliar with the area but I think Wilmington needs to get some better street markers everywhere. Traffic during the week is awful.

Room Tip: No views here so every room is a good choice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The front desk called and asked a guest that was due to arrive the next day to see if they would switch rooms with us. We needed extra space for an overnight stay due to some ill family members at the local hospital. The room was awesome and really helped us out in a very stressful time. Many thanks to the hotel and the nice person who switched rooms with us!

Room Tip: If you need something dont be afraid to ask for it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park? Share your experiences!