“Hometown Goodness!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Delicatessen, Eclectic, Soups
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Established in 2009, Chops Deli is the premiere sandwich eatery in Wilmington. As you an tell we take ourselves very seriously and are dedicated to ensuring that every customer who comes through the door has fun, enjoys their meal and their time spent with us, and leaves thinking about the next time they'll be able to swing by. We have built our reputation on providing the best sandwiches made with the best and freshest ingredients including Boar's Head meats and cheeses to fresh, and local when available, produce and round out the experience with a friendly and helpful staff and an eclectic music variety that keeps your toes tapping. When visiting Chops Deli, expect to get treated like you're family because, as far as we're concerned, you are.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Hometown Goodness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love this place! And now with 3 locations, you can get your fix at any point. They offer fresh made sandwiches and salads using boar's head deli meats and locally made bread. The portions are large and served with chips and a pickle spear. If you'd like, you can swap out the chips for a side of one of the many soups, chilis, or mac and cheese dishes - all are really tasty. I haven't ever had a meal there and been disappointed. I don't know about the other locations, but do know that downtown offers local brews from all over NC. And the owners and staff are all friendly. They make each guest feel apperciated. Highly recommend!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Something has happened here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The flavor is not the same, it seems that something happened with the bread? It detracts from the overall appeal. Visited plenty of times, but the past 6 months something changed in the overall flavor. I will keep trying them when I am in town and I will update the review accordingly.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sunset Beach, North Carolina, United States
“Favorite Sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently moved close to the one in Monkey Junction, and I found it while shopping one day and fell in love. The employees are super nice and funny, and they make a real effort to please their guests. The atmosphere is quirky and cool. The sandwiches are fantastic - my favorite is the Marseille. The only problem is that I like it so much that I'm reluctant to give it up to try other things. But I have also tried the Chicago and the Manhattan and have never been disappointed. I also appreciate that they offer two different lemonades(one sweet, one sour) because I am originally a Yank from PA and have not yet acquired the southern sweet tooth when it comes to beverages. I haven't been to the downtown location yet, but if it is anything like the MJ one, it is great.

I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND GIVING THIS PLACE A TRY!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Tasty Sandwiches and Nice Chops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Needed a quick lunch on the go and so we asked a local where to go and they pointed us here. The sandwiches were very good and the service friendly. We were glad the locals know their food and made this recommendation for casual deli food. We recommended it too!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wake Foret
“Do not skip this place...:”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Seriously, do yourself a favor...if you're in Wilmington, you MUST eat at Chops. Atmosphere is great but the food is phenomenal. Grilled cheese panini with bacon and tomato. Ham and jalapeño mac and cheese. Perfection. Seems like a local favorite. Do it.