“Excellent lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sweet n Savory Cafe

Sweet n Savory Cafe
1611 Pavilion Place, Wilmington, NC (Formerly Sweet and Savory Bake Shop and Cafe)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 514 Restaurants in Wilmington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sandwiches, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sweet n Savory Cafe is located just minutes from Wrightsville Beach. If you are vacationing with your family, yourself, or just here for work, then come have a visit and see why Wilmington gives us its best marks for breakfast, sandwiches, baked goods, catering, and kids menus. For the great breakfast, lunch, or dinner in Wilmington, we are the place to be.
New Hampshire
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

A realtive living in the area took us here for lunch during our visit. It was every bit as good as she said it would be. The shrimp gyro with feta was fantastic. The sandwiches are stuffed and come with their homemade potato chips.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great casual lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Sweet & Savory for lunch while we were in town house-hunting for our move later this year. They had many sandwich options - I had the club, which was okay - nothing special. My husband had the Philly Chicken sandwich and really enjoyed it. He said the meat was marinated well. He also got the buffalo fries, which were delicious. I wasn't adventurous and got the regular fries and definitely regretted that - so go for the buffalo ones! It's a very casual setting, and relatively low prices for the meals. I'd like to come back for breakfast once we move this summer.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Breakfast stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

There was a waiting line but it does go move relatively quick. We ordered the eggs with beef brisket hash and sausage & biscuit. The hash was ok but the sausage gravy was great. Slow on the orange juice refills. We picked up some bakery items on the way out, and will return for the home made breads but not the sit down breakfast.

Visited March 2013
“Reunion with picky eaters.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I took a group of friends here because I knew there were a lot of options and this is one of my favorite places in the Wilmington area. Everyone loved everything they ordered-- 3 Little Pigs sandwich, brisket, shrimp and grits, and the pasta with chicken that was on special. I ordered something new that was suggested by my waiter. I was the only one that didn't like dinner. I do not recommend the burnt mushroom scallops with sweet potato baby food. That is what it was to me-- no offense to the chef! And four tiny scallops for $17... Yikes! I will go back, but I'm staying away from the chef creations and going with the yummy traditional things!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, VA
“Don't Try to Surf After Eating Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

What a mistake: I ate here BEFORE surfing WB. Idiot! Surf, then eat here. Because the food is that darn good & because the portions are massive. I had the KISS croissant: eggs, cheese, bacon. Also ordered the corned beef hash side. The side was a meal unto its beastly self. Superb taste to the corned beef, different than what you may ordinarily expect from CBH. The croissant sandwich was also very tasty. I then went nuts, and ordered & ate a brownie. It was delicious, and was the size of a miniature cake.

Needless to say it was a waddle not a walk when I departed this restaurant. I wanted to sleep it off. But, surf beckoned. Nothing says "you overdid it, you foolish glutton" like laying on a longboard, paddling for waves & trying to keep a ginormous meal digesting.

Service was perfunctory, professional, quick; not glacial in attitude, but the potential was there. Anyways you go there for the tasty food & the portions.

AFTER surfing.