“Mary” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 557 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Description: Locally owned and operated. Freshest Local Seafood in Wilmington and surrounding areas. Live Lobster Tank. New Fresh Catch every day. Homemade Desserts. Very casual atmosphere. Super friendly waitstaff. Where the locals hang out
“Mary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Have been many times and loved the food and atmosphere every time. They have and excellent cook and excellent staff. Good food, good times. Worth the wait.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent meal and service at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Enjoyed dinner with family at Fish Bites earlier this week. Place is in a small strip mall so hard to find but well worth the effort. Grouper special was great as were all of the other items ordered. Service was timely and polite. Decor was new and fit in well with theme of restaurant. Would come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Well Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I visited this place in October 2013 with memories of great food. I just paid them a second visit and the place was packed. Many people were waiting a long time to be seated. There was also a long wait after I ordered. I went to the rest room while waiting and almost lost my seat. The food is also pricey. It was a little crazy. When the food was served, I was reminded that all of the hassle was well worth it. This may be the best seafood for several hundred miles in any direction. I am in Wilmington frequently and I will be returning every time I feel like eating seafood. It's real, it's fresh and I walked away full and satisfied. To top it off, every employee was wearing a smile.

Akron, Ohio
“Fish Bites-a must when visiting the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Our innkeeper told us about Fish Bites when we asked for a good seafood restaurant. Glad we listened to her! It was so good we went back the next night for dinner! I had the blackened shrimp tacos both nights (delicious!). I had wild rice as a side dish but it lacked flavor so the next night I had the homemade chips were awesome! My husband ordered the seafood platter which he loved. The next night he had the crab cakes with mashed potatoes (real potatoes!) He ordered the clam chowder one night and lobster bisque the next. He said it was hard to pick a favorite! Coleslaw was bland. One night we ordered the banana fosters cheese cake-so delicious! The cheese cake was smooth and fluffy. The caramel and pecans put it over the top! The next night we ordered an appetizer, the crab and shrimp dip. Very good and creamy! Jen was our waitress both nights and she did a wonderful job!I've read reviews that said service was poor. Don't go to a restaurant with good food and a long wait then. Jen checked on us periodically and when we needed her, she was there! With muffins, which were yummy! We went around 5 and it was busy. After 5:30 there was a long wait. Go before 5 if you can but if you have to wait, it's worth it!

“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Our server was fantastic and the food was just as good! Husband had an étouffée special, I had pan seared scallops (yum!), kids had fish and chips and corn dogs. The restaurant was clean and nice looking.