“(Un)surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 538 restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Serving the Best Seafood in South Eastern North Carolina. Wilmington's Native Son, Chef Keith Rhodes explores the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & Sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce & Herbs provide the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef 2008, 09 & 2010. Dubbed “Modern Seafood Cuisine” we offer an array Fresh Seafood & Steaks,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our Mouth watering “Fire Cracker” Shrimp, Crispy Cajun Fried NC Oysters & Blue Crab Claw Scampi, Seafood Ceviche& Conch Fritters to name a few. Larger Plates include Plancha grilled Painted Hills Steaks, Blackend Red Drum Filet, Charleston Crab Cakes, Tempura OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Queen Trigger fish. Full ABC Permits.We offer our nightly $5 Menu which includes Tapas style Apps, select Wines by the Glass & Mixed Drinks available in Wine Lounge.
New York City, New York
“(Un)surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went on a date to Catch. Was expecting to be impressed and was. Girlfriend, not so much.

Starter was Atomic Beef Lettuce Wraps. Absolutely delicious. Beef was cooked perfectly. Spice was definitely there, but didn't overpower the flavor of the meat.

For dinner, I had an ahi special: tuna over mango fried rice and coconut spinach. Fish was cooked perfectly, spinach was not too sweet, but worked well with the fish and rice. Dish was balanced and filling. In short, I can't complain about it at all. Asked the waiter for a wine pairing, who then asked the chef. Wine complemented the food perfectly as well.

My girlfriend ate the "NC Fresh Catch," which was Mahi. Fish was cooked well and grits were very good, but the whole dish lacked cohesion. The greens that day were collards and she asked for them on the side, so do take my interpretation with a grain of salt, as the dish was modified.

Anyhow, I do (and have) recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. Great meal, albeit a bit expensive. Completely worth a shot.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Wilmington Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Love this restuarant! Have had the Salmon dish three times and it never disappoints! Love the fried oyster appetizer......just wish they would make it an entree......too few.....leaves you wanting more! Love the photography on the walls..... wait staff very friendly. Best in Wilmington!

• Visited July 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Not Vegetarian Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife is pescatarian while I am vegetarian. My wife enjoyed Catch, as she had the crab cakes and they were very good. I was impressed with how much they tried to accommodate me, making recommendations as to what foods they could modify for a vegetarian. That said, the modified food wasn't very good, and was much too spicy. If you're not a vegetarian, this seems like a good seafood restaurant, but vegetarians are better off going elsewhere.

Visited August 2013
Leland, North Carolina, United States
“Anniversary Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I have heard many good things about Catch but had never been. We decided that celebrating our 16th anniversary was a great reason to check it out.
From the street you would never know what a gem the restaurant is inside...from the beautiful photography on the walls to the warm lighting, the place exudes upscale dining.
The food was simply gorgeous and delicious. We had calamari, firecracker shrimp and shrimp and grits. The sauce on the shrimp and grits was divine and not greasy as we have found in other restaurants.
We will definitely be back and will recommend Catch to others!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Wonderful Dining Experience! Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Catch this past Thursday evening. We were there at 5;30 when the restaurant opened and even though we did not have a reservation (we know now how busy they get and to make one) they made us feel very welcome and sat us immediately. Our waiter was wonderful, making several recommendations to us. I had the lemon pound cake martini and my husband had the cucumber margarita-both excellent!
We ordered the shrimp ceviche for an appetizer and the chef surprised us with an appetizer of tuna for being the first guests of the night! The tuna literally melted in your mouth it was so fresh!
I ordered the crab cake entree with the lobster potatoes-phenomenal!! My husband had the special of evening, seared tuna which was just as good.
We could not resist the dessert menu ordering the mango creme brulee and the smoked cherry chocolate ice cream. To die for!!!
We eat out a lot and this was one of the best meals that we have had! Our waiter was great and even the hostess stopped by twice to see how we were enjoying our evening. Definitely worth the hour drive-will be back again soon!

• Visited August 2013