“Food is good, but atmosphere and martinis make it better” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Caprice Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 538 restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water St.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Food is good, but atmosphere and martinis make it better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a cozy little French bistro in downtown Wilmington. The location is great, and the staff is very friendly.

The food isn't going to "wow" you, but it is still good. The martinis and atmosphere make this place worthwhile though. That, and the excellent staff.

I would recommend going upstairs to the "sofa bar" for a pre-dinner martini, and then sitting up there for dinner as well. The staff is always smiling, and they are very helpful.

Great restaurant for special ocassions and and small dinners with friends. Not a family/kid friendly restaurant.

We look forward to going back!

Visited May 2013

93% Recommend
N. Myrtle Beach, SC
“Delicieux”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I ordered the steak frites and both were perfectly done....plus a gaspacho soup for appetizer ....and a very generous portion of wine....fresh from the bottle....
the music was French.....the restaurant is small and delightful....
sweet servers....not overbearing but efficient....right near the Cape Fear River....and Thalian Hall...
perfect.

• Visited July 2013
NC
“mmmm mmmm good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We wanted to go for seafood and a river view, but the last time we did that here we were a bit disappointed. So we checked on Trip Advisor and saw the reviews for Caprice Bistro.
First off, there is NO handicap parking close by. When I asked the parking meter dude, he said that we would just need to find a place on the street. Luckily a spot opened up across the street so it wasn't bad.
Although this is a tight little restaurant, it seemed bigger thanks to well placed mirrors. Of course I hate looking at myself when eating, so hubby sat on that side! Little touches such as a divider and curtain cordoning off the kitchen was nice. The decor was lovely and the food to follow was delish. We shared the spinach salad which they nicely divided for us. It was fresh and very tasty. For dinner hubby got the seafood stewy thing (Waterzooi) which he LOVED! I had the grouper which I now will order again at other places. We got the Belgian chocolate cake for dessert and took it to a bench by the river to eat. When we opened it we were surprised to find ice cream inside (a bit melted of course) too!
The staff was super friendly and gave us the right amount of attention.
All in all it was a great experience. Make sure you try this place if you are in the area!

Visited June 2013
Ridgeland SC
“My favorite in Wilmington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been traveling to Wilmington for three years now about every 6-8 weeks and I find myself returning for mussels at Caprice Bistro. They offer 3 styles on the menu and I think the Marseilles are my favorite. I try to select other places but just can't get the taste of mussels dipped in bread with a glass o white wine out of my mind and I return to this place every time I go to Wilmington.

• Visited June 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good ole Caprice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Caprice has been our hands-down fave for 3-4 years. Went there with family the other night. Everything was perfect. We had the curried mussels for apps, then duck confit, lamb shank, coq au vin and grouper. No room for profiteroles this time. Love Caprice; just wish there could be some noise abatement for the dining room. Next time will dine upstairs! PS We always ask for Jay to take care of us.

• Visited July 2013