“Good Value, average hotel with some good perks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Wilmington

You added Ramada Wilmington to your Saves list
Ramada Wilmington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28405 (Formerly Ramada Inn Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good Value, average hotel with some good perks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I knew from other reviews that there is dancing here on Friday evenings, so I asked for a room away from the dancing, and they were happy to put me in a back room. I did go out and watch the salsa dancing for a while Friday evening.
When I got to my room, it hadn't been opened for a while and so was musty. I ran the fan and it cleared right up. I do agree that someone with allergies might have more trouble than I did. The bed was firm and I slept well.
Breakfast is continental - you get it yourself off the counter. Cereal, milk, bagels, yogurt, coffee, all you can eat.
The amazing hidden jewel in this hotel is the thai restaurant. You don't have to go outside - just down the hall past the lounge. I had an excellent meal there. I had another excellent meal at the award-winning seafood restaurant two doors away.
This hotel is a short bus ride from the downtown area, and has shopping and several restaurants in walking distance. This hotel is an average hotel. If you want a place to sleep, this is a good choice. If you want a five-star hotel, you'll have to pay for one.

Room Tip: If you're there Friday evening, ask for a room away from the salsa dancing.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
james w, General Manager at Ramada Wilmington, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you your feedback and I am happy you enjoyed your stay at the Ramada Conference Ctr. I am also pleased that you tried our restaurant, The Banyan Cafe. It has a great variety of entrees that are fresh and healthy. Thank You, James Wylie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
CULLOM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised after reading some of the earlier reviews. The room was nice and clean and well stocked. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was perfect for what we needed. Fresh fruit, dannon yogurt, freshly brewed coffee and the waffle machine were nice surprises. We wanted a clean, affordable place to spend the night, which is exactly what we got. The internet access in the lobby was good. Location was perfect. If it would've been a bit warmer, we could've also enjoyed the pool. All-in-all, it was a very positive experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for staying at the Ramada Conference Ctr., and I am glad you took advantage of our great location and it's many amenities. Thank You, James Wylie
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was amazed that this still had the Ramada name. The rooms and the hallway smelled. None of the ice machines or vending machines worked. The staff isn't really helpful and seem indifferent. It seemed like there were guests coming and going all night long which made me wonder about the other guest - what type were they? I would not return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
james w, Manager at Ramada Wilmington, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I want to apologize for the service shortcoming you experienced during your stay. Please call me directly so that i can discuss your stay further. I appreciate your business and look forward to having you back at the hotel.

Been to Ramada Wilmington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Wilmington

Address: 5001 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28405 (Formerly Ramada Inn Conference Center)
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Wilmington
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Wilmington 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Wilmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Wilmington
Ramada Inn Hotel

If you own or manage Ramada Wilmington, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.