“Very Cool!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 32 Attractions in Wilmington
Type: Museums, Ships, Landmarks
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: As you walk the decks of the NORTH CAROLINA, imagine yourself in the South Pacific during WWII searching the sky for enemy aircraft, anticipating what may happen next. Step aboard the most decorated US Battleship of WWII! Explore nine decks, crew's quarters, gun turrets, and much more. Discover where history comes alive. Located at the junctions of highways 17, 76, 74, 421 on the Cape Fear River across from historic downtown Wilmington. Open every day!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Silver Spring, Maryland
22 attraction reviews
“Very Cool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have to admit I didn't really want to go to the battleship, but my husband did, so I went. I really enjoyed it. There was a video at the beginning that gave the history of the ship. It was really interesting. Walking around the ship was very cool. To think this ship was involved in many battles and I was standing on the ship - wow! I would recommend it.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“GREAT FAMILY FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We spent half of our day at the Battleship...was very interesting and took my Fiance s family there also and they loved it. I am a local and remember the last time I visited here we were limited to certain areas...was excited to see they have expanded viewing areas....

Visited August 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
“A perfect combination of information and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to The battleship in the middle of summer and it was pretty hot inside the ship that would be the only negative. Be prepare to walk a lot and climb up and down the stairs. I didn't think we will access to so much of the ship, but it was great that we did. The price it is very reasonable. This is a great hands on knowledge on military ship life. While there has been many changes to the ships a lot of it is the same still. I real eye opener to what our service members go through, because I can't imagine being in the ship for months and months. Definitely a must do if you are in town.

Visited July 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
24 attraction reviews
“When two teenage boys are excited you know its good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Not only did my sons have a great time but the whole family did. Be prepared there are a lot of stairs if you are unable to climb you might want to skip this one. But if a good dozen stairs won't put you off this is a CAN'T MISS. They self guided tour takes you through the ship both above and below deck.

I recommend hitting it early, Sunday even better, it opens at 8 get there before the crowds and the heat takes over.

Raleigh, North Carolina
31 attraction reviews
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The visit to the USS North Carolina was superb. I never imagined that they would give you access to so much of the ship. From the powder rooms and magazines to the galley and surgical rooms, below and above decks! You get a real feel for how tough it was to live and fight on these ships. A MUST SEE, if you are in Wilmington.