“Nice Hotel close to Historic District” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #13 of 43 hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel close to Historic District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everyone at the Best Western is very pleasant. We had a room with a view of the Cape River View. Beds were comfortable. Location is fantastic as it is walking distance from the Wilmington historic district which has plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops. I will definitely recommend returning to Wilmington, NC and also staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jackiebrinson, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thanks for the great comments about the hotel and the staff. I have a great staff and they work hard to accommodate all guest request and make sure they have everything they need when staying with us. We look forward to your next stay. Have a great week

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The room seemed fairly new, especially the shower which I loved. It was on the small side, but certainly nothing that bothered me, plus I had a nice view of the cape fear river, and if you looked to the far left, of the battleship, too. There was no lobby, but I liked that you could access the boardwalk directly if you left through the back gate of the hotel rather than going out the front door. Breakfast was so-so, definitly not great, but it is a Best Western after all, so I wasn't expecting gourmet. My only complaint was the price. I paid $149 for Thursday night & $189 for Friday night, which I think is REALLY high for a Best Western. My sister booked online for a week-long stay that did not include the weekend, and she paid less ($110/night). So maybe not the best value, but still I would say it is nice considering the chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the great comments and we are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay.
Being on the Riverfront and having the river walk right behind the hotel is a great plus to being downtown in the Historic district. Regarding the rate, I'm not sure if your sister booked here but some hotels offer a better rate pending on the length of stay and the rate could also be discounted if prepaid in advance. We look forward to your next stay.
Witney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed for just the night on the way down the Outer Banks. Very pleased with my stay. Room was great overlooking the river. Breakfast of good quality and staff friendly. The location is excellent for visiting downtown Wilmington (USS Cole etc) - everything is within walking distance. Wouldn't hesitate using this property again. Did have one issue with cleaniness - cleaner had obviously missed the coffee pot and there was a mouldy tea bag inside the filter. Not great but informed front desk on check out and was offered money off the stay. For this reason the customer service helped win me over.

Room Tip: River view is a must.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
jackiebrinson, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and again I do apologize for the coffee maker incident. I have addressed this issue with the entire housekeeping staff. We hope you come back and visit us again.
Cary, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Hotel was too far away from Market St. and all the action downtown to walk to in the heat. No family restaurants nearby. No swimming pool and there really is no breeze off the river. The room doors are open to the outside & not an enclosed hallway. Rooms are small and the double beds were not comfortable. The hotel is next to the Chamber of Commerce & Cape Fear Community College buildings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm sorry that you didn't like the location of the hotel in reference to being closer to Market Street. Our property is on the northern end of the Historic and most guest enjoy the leisurely walk to the downtown area. I will be sure to check the mattresses in the room you stayed in, as there may be a reason you found the bed to be uncomfortable and I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope you will come back and visit us again.
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We considered staying a little further out to save money, but this was worth the extra. About 1/4 of our trip had rain and the view from room 110 made the situation more pleasant. The dog also loved walking along the water front. We humans as well enjoyed the strolls, and the close vicinity to downtown. Most of the staff was extremely accommodating.

It'd be even better if there were a pool, larger rooms, more comfy beds, and if there were rooms remote enough to leave the pup alone in his crate without an occasional squeal upsetting neighbors (we didn't dare try). A fridge and microwave would have been handy. One worker in the lobby scolded an employee for being late right in front of me. I thought that tactless.

Despite these few minor details, the overall feel of this hotel was good. I would return. For a mid priced option, I'm happy with the experience.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We are very happy that we are a pet friendly hotel and the guest really enjoy the downtown area and being able to take their pets on strolls along the river walk. I'm sorry about the incident with the staff but I'm sure it was all in fun and I truly hope the staff member didn't realize a guest was within ear shot of the conversation if it were meant to be otherwise. We look forward to your next stay
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Easy Free parking at the Inn located on the water in downtown historic Wilmington.
The rooms have lovely views and are very clean and well maintained.
Friendly hotel staff gave us a map and suggestions for dinner.
Standard free breakfast offered.
No pool but a small exercise room available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for the great comments and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.
Elizabeth City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was the best hotel we have ever stayed at, the staff was wonderful and very helpful, I requested an extra suitcase stand and within 5 minutes it was delivered to our room. The bed, pillows and linens were amazing. I could not believe how soft the towels were and plenty in the bathroom. Also loved the walk in shower and the rain shower. No shower curtain, plenty of room. Loved, loved, loved this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jackiebrinson, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
WE are so glad you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate the great comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn? Share your experiences!