“Rip Off Rewards” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Newton Grove, North Carolina
“Rip Off Rewards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We made a reservation using our Rewards points, but never received a confirmation e-mail/statement containing point information or charges. Due to a family emergency, we had to cancel 2 hours later. Upon going to the BW site and then to the BWRewards site, I saw that we were charged 16000 points for the one night stay. That's also what I was told by the reservations person when I called to cancel. HOWEVER, 24000 points were deducted from our account! Not good. We will be receiving a voucher for the points, but would have preferred they were put back in to the account. If using Rewards: Beware!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
I'm sorry you had problems with you Rewards member reservation but even with Rewards point reservation, we handle them as we would any reservation coming into the hotel and once we received your reservation here at the property level, we redeemed your points and according to our processing of points the points to be redeemed were 24,000 and I'm very sorry your were told differently and once the points are redeemed we cannot credit back the points from the property level. We are very glad that you were able to get your points returned to your account and please know that nothing was done to your reservation that is not done to all other Reward member reservations. And if we do make a mistake we normally work very quickly to get the issue taken care of immediately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here 3 times now and its one of my favorite parts of Wilmington. The service is amazing. Melissa at the front desk is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's accomdating and goes above and beyond to help. It's so close to everyting downtown and is cool sitting on the railroad muesm. The showers are amazing with the waterfall rain head. I've never had an issue with the rooms and the a/c works great especially on those hundred degree days. I love the best western here and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2011
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for the great comments. I am so glad you enjoy our hotel and we look forward to your next visit. I will be sure to share your comments with Melissa and the rest of the hotel staff.
claudia0501
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Our room was small but well appointed. The bathroom was clean. It had a large stall shower; not the tub/shower combination as advertised. However, that was great. We were supplied with plenty of towels and quality bath supplies. The view of the river was very nice and the staff was super friendly and helpful. The two drawbacks were the bed and the breakfast. Breakfast was served in a small windowless room on the third floor. The selection was minimal and we opted for a bowl of cold cereal without fruit. The bananas looked weeks old. The bed was so old and mushy that it really interrupted my sleep. I got in bed and sank into a hole and was afraid that I would need a crane to get me out! We actually considered leaving at the end of the second day instead of spending the night.

Room Tip: Ask to check the bed in your room before you unpack! Pack your own breakfast food and your own coff...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
I am so sorry you had a problem with your bed. I was trying to find more information on your stay so we can address this immediately! We do appreciate your business and I'm sure the staff would have been happy to move you to another room but I know it was probably too late considering you were already unpacked. If you would please email the dates of your stay I would love to get the mattress replaced so another guest would not have the same issue. I looked in our records and unfortunately i did not see any notes about the problem.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012 via mobile

Great location on the river. Staff is super friendly and go above and beyond. Room is larger than most. Good breakfast, but the same foods everyday. Weight room is limited.

• Stayed January 2012
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments about the staff and the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you come back to visit us again
Southport, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Nothing special about this hotel. Our room was clean and the staff was friendly but there is nothing special about the property. The breakfast bar was the usual.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is always our top priority. I hope you will come back and visit our hotel again
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

This is a really nice property, a lot of which is a converted rail depot. How cool! It overlooks the Cape Fear River and the view, while not scenic, is really interesting. The staff is friendly and helpful (scrambling to turn off the alarm in the vacant room next to ours) and the breakfast was varied and plentiful. The walls are a bit thin (see above) but every thing else was nice. Quality bed linens and plenty of hot water too. I'll go back again, for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor. That is the floor where the Breakfast Room is located and easy to zip in a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
The staff and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the BW Plus Coastline Inn. We work very hard to make every guest experience a memorable one. I hope that if you ever get back in our area you will book your reservation with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My friend from Raleigh was kind enough to book this hotel for a overnight stay. The first room we were booked in had tons of some kind of febreeze smell. They were definitely trying to cover up another smell as it knocked you out when you first walked in. We were quickly transferred to another room with no issue. The room was clean but not extremely. The walls could use a wipe down and the carpet was not all that clean. Bathroom was clean and the over head shower was nice. Room had a nice view and the breakfast was nice. Free internet was nice as well. No major complaints but no raves either.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us! We strive very hard to have clean, fresh rooms. Hopefully you will give the hotel another chance to make your stay in Wilmington a pleasant one.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn? Share your experiences!