“Excellent service and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent service and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I can't say enough good things about my stay there. I've been a business traveler for over 30 years so I know good service when I experience it. Even though I was using my Priority Club points for a free nights stay, I was treated like any other paying customer from the front desk. I even got a gift bag when I checked in! Our family probably used every thing the hotel has to offer during our short one night stay; the pool (just the right size for kids and adults to take a break), the business center, and most of all the food bar / lounge area. They offer free evening snacks (Tacos and beans the night we were there!) Monday - Thursday and breakfast every morning. Even though a men's major college baseball team came in shortly before the evening snacks began, the staff was very accommodating to everyone there. Most places just put out food and its first come, first serve, too bad, so sad if you're late. Not here; even at 30 minutes before the end of the snack time they made sure there was plenty of food out for everyone and even made an announcement five minutes before it ended to make sure everyone was satisfied. The breakfast time the next morning was no different. These people pay attention to detail and really go out of there way to make your stay a good experience. The room was clean, prepared to detail and very comfortable. Big (12 cup) coffee pot in room, kitchen, fridge, big TV (it was a king size suite with fold out sofa-bed). Maybe a small detail, but the (free) bag of microwave popcorn really topped off the night. You are close to everything worth seeing in Wilmington. I was considering other "name brand" hotels to stay at till a coworker recommended here having stayed there shortly after it opened last year. From what I see, the energy of a new hotel staff hasn't wore off. I'm looking forward to come back again in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
GMStayWilmington, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments about the Staybridge Suites Wilmington. We are very excited to see that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. Now that you are a part of our Staybridge family, we hope to see you again soon on your return trip to Wilmington.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Our stay at the Staybridge was wonderful! The staff was friendly and helpful. Cleanliness was superb... never a sign of any grime or dirt. There wasn't an oven in the room, but we were able to cook our beef loin on the gas grills located just outside the breakfast room. The countertop oven/toaster and 2 burner range filled any other needs. The beds were quite comfortable and the bedrooms are large. The gathering room had a large flat screen TV and seating was enough for four, but not real roomy. There is no dining table, so we ate buffet style. We spent three days exploring the area and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Staybridge.

Room Tip: We were four adults so we reserved a two bedroom suite and an additional single room. We gathered b...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
GMStayWilmington, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
We were so glad you choose our hotel for your Christmas Vacation stay. Thanks for the great comments. We hope Santa brought you lots of goodies....Hope you plan again on coming to Wilmington and staying with us here at the Staybridge.
swansboro, north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011 via mobile

Very up to date/ clean,friendly and quite? Would I stay here again -you bet cha!!

• Stayed December 2011
Thanks so much for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites Wilmington...We look forward to your return trip to Wilmington and having you as our guest!
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I chose this new hotel based solely on tripadvisor reviews, staying for three nights as a getaway with my wife and to get some Christmas shopping done. I must say that it was better than advertised. Clean, spacious, and well-equipped suites, wonderful breakfast, great free dinners on most weeknights (that was unexpected!), and on-the-spot customer service. Not sure how anyone could be disappointed staying there. Very conveniently located in Wilmington too between College and Market. Will plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: We booked closer to our departure date, so rates had dropped.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your positive comments about the Staybridge Suites Wilmington. We so much enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again on your return visit.
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We've been visiting Wilmington for nearly 15 years and have never found a reliable place to stay. Hopefully Staybridge has broken that string of bad luck. The hotel is 7 months old and still has that 'new car smell,' but that aside it seems to represent a new refreshing approach to hotel design.

Our room was the least expensive but it still exceeded our expectations. It was well-appointed and laid out exceptionally well. It had a huge LG TV and an aircraft carrier-sized desk which was large enuf to accommodate all of my photography toys.

That said, the room was large enuf for its 2nd aircraft carrier a.k.a., the king-sized bed. The mattress and pillows were excellent and reason enuf to leave home.

It has an exercise room and an indoor pool.

The common areas are 1st class and a pleasure to visit and use. The breakfast selections
are beyond the ordinary and actually tasty.

Above all, the staff at this Staybridge excels. The ladies who supervised the breakfast room were tops: friendly and they knew their business. And, saving the best for last . . . Tammy, the manager, was so friendly, accommodating, and professional that you just have to call this hotel your address in Wilmington.

The Staybridge has become the benchmark for Wilmington.

OOOOPS! One glaring screwup! There are too few handicapped parking spots and the few there are are at the far end of the building. When I tried to open the door and it didn't open I had to walk the FULL length of the building and then return. My disability is having a great bit of trouble walking so I was fuming.

Room Tip: I'm not sure that any one side of the building is better than another. Think they should be all...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
GMStayWilmington, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive comments about the Staybridge Suites and our staff. Also, thanks for taking the time to add your comments to TripAdvisor. We were so glad that you were able to be a part of the Staybridge Family. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fontana Dam, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have spent the entire day on TripAdvisor working on our Christmas traveling plans, trying to find a place to stay for Christmas. I came across all the great reviews for this hotel and decided to called for the price of a room. I spoke to Sam at the front desk, and in the end decided to book a room based on the great price. I have now called Sam three times to change our reservation, (I know, I'm a woman what can I say), and he is just as friendly and helpful as he was the first time I spoke to him. I cannot say enough about how genuine and kind he has been. He has worked very hard to accommodate us and if our stay is half as pleasant as making the reservation has been, I will be singing this hotel's praises at the end of our trip. Thank you Sam.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
GMStayWilmington, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Sam is incredible and a definite asset to our hotel...I am so glad that he has taken care of you during your calls to the hotel prior to your arrival. I so much apprieciate you comments. I will make sure that I share your gracious comments with Sam. Look forward to seeing you around Christmas.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed at Staybridge in June 2011 and it was great. The suite is perfect for families with children, the in room kitchen and free breakfast and dinner buffet are perfect for families on a budget. The staff was very friendly and the beach is a 10-15 minute drive.

Room Tip: Check the hotels website for the best deals.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
So glad to have you as our guest during your summer trip to Wilmington. We thank you for all you positive comments and look forward to seeing you again on a return trip to the area...

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington East? Share your experiences!