“Great hotel and location, and would stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great hotel and location, and would stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

The hotel was short staffed due to the holiday weekend. They were nice and checked us in without incident. We did request weekend service and additional towels to our room but neither were received (even after a front desk visit and telephone call were made). The room was awesome! The kitchen was fully equipped, internet access, tv was good, glass doors in the shower, and the bed slept like a dream! The hotel location was central to Walmart, restaurants, movies, the beach, and highways. The service received throughout our stay was spotty at best. We even walked out of an Applebee's. I loved the room and location the best, and trouble with the keys and not receiving what was requested the least. Overall it was a good stay and we would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
GMStayWilmington, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, July 10, 2011
Thanks so much for sharing your comments about the Staybridge Suites Wilmington, NC. It helps us gauge our service provided to our guests during their stay with us. I am glad you liked the hotel. Thanks for your ratings even though you had problems with your keys and housekeeping service. I will be following up with the staff. Again, thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again when you visit Wilmington, NC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cortlandt Mnr
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I must say that the staff is very friendly, courteous, and eager to please. The accommodations are also very nice. Indoor pool, laundry on premises, all suites, and close to everything. This place is new, and in good condition. However, I just stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton a few weeks earlier and thought this would be the same thing. Well, almost. If you are staying for leisure, on weekends they do not Accommodate like the weekdays (Monday - Friday). First, the buffet breakfast on weekends does not include any meat. They have eggs (well - not from a chicken - you figure) plastic plates, and forks etc and one place to dump the garbage - though a hole that is not big enough to to put the styrophome plate through. It was a little funny. For the weekday traveler (i.e more often than not the business traveler) they offer hot dinner, happy hours, etc. YES even hot meat with your breakfast (not spam, or turkey roll - Yuck) I wonder if the eggs come from a chicken on the weekdays also. When I asked why they espoused this approach (weekend vs weekday traveler) which seemed moronic - they told me because there are too many people on the weekends. In short they do not want to staff it. I saw one person running like a chicken without her head on trying to keep up with things. (Maybe she was the chicken that should have laid the eggs for us? Hmmm) She got help from the front desk staff but it was comical. Like I said the people working there are great. I feel sorry for them on the weekends. I would call in sick if I were them.

Housekeeping also you must ask for service on weekends. They have some formula that I read in the bathroom that basically said if the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, on a rainy day other than the first of Nevuary you do not expect regular room service. You have to ask. If you do not ask they do not tell. "Don't ask Don't tell"

Also they need to add another air vent in the bedrooms. The A/C does not circulate well with the one vent. The living room is freezing and the bedrooms are hot.

Well that's the story. Oh, yes about Homewood Suites by Hilton that I stayed in a few weeks earlier - the best. If you want a place that is properly staffed and not cutting back on service (that you pay for just like the weekday traveler) = Go to Homewood Suites by Hilton. No I do not work for Homewood Suites by Hilton but I hate seeing a company trying to cut corners. I work to hard for my money and I expect quality and quantity for my money.

StayBridge Suites has a good product but just like the guy who goes on an interview with a great suit, shirt and tie, but is wearing cheap, dirty shoes, and white socks - well - as in MacBeth (Act one, Scene one) - "then there was silence". You get the picture! Would I go there again yes, but I would haggle over the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thanks so much for sharing your comments about the Staybridge Suites Wilmington. It is great to know how we are doing in exceeding guests expectations during their stay with us. All hotels do things a little different when it comes to breakfast, and items vary slightly from hotel to hotel. Our full expanded complimentary hot buffet breakfast has ample quantity of all items, but it is not always going to have every item that a guest may expect. We loved having you stay with us and hope to see you again when you visit Wilmington, NC.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites on a summer weekend and found it to be a wonderful hotel in a great location. We were able to get to Wrightsville Beach in 10 minutes and also to downtown, historic Wilmington in 10 minutes. The rooms are perfect for families as the adults could be in one part and the kids on the pull out sofa in the main living area. The kitchen was well stocked with all the basics and we were able to prepare our own food. This obviously helped save money on eating out and it's an added bonus to get a free breakfast in the hotel lobby each morning. One thing that I found unique to this hotel is the free (yes, free!) use of the onsite laundry facilities. We had wet bathing suits and towels after returning from the beach and it was so nice to just be able to throw them in the dryer at no charge. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Great experience...we look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We at the Staybridge Suites are so glad you found us for your weekend get-a-way. Thanks for all the positive comments about the hotel. Our goal is to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. Free laundry is a great benefit to our guests along with the full hot buffet breakfast. Thanks again for staying with us in Wilmington, NC. Look forward to seeing you again!
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Staff and management very friendly, checkin was quick and courteous, hot breakfast, everyday, dinner provided mon thru thur, rooms are spacious along with a full kitchen, ni oven in the kitchen

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stumbled upon Staybridge on Saturday, 6/25, when I landed in Wilmington for business. Because of the summer season, the entire city was sold out and Staybridge had one room left. I got the last room and I was very happy with my good luck. The room was a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with flat screen TVs and full kitchen.

The breakfast offers a huge selection and I couldn't believe the complimentary use of HE washer and dryers. There is even a book exchange, DVD library and game area. This is a wonderful little hotel. In a different city, I would have paid twice for this room. Thanks and keep up the good work, Staybridge. I look forward to my return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Your positive comments about the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. We are glad you found us at the Staybridge Suites Wilmington, NC. We hope to see you again when you visit as you are now a part of our Staybridge family.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

The staff was very courteous and we like that. Svetlana at the front desk is a nice person and seems to be courteous and helpful when dealing with people, whether on the phone or in person. We will use this hotel when in Wilmington from now on.

Room Tip: Ask where the old people stay
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much about your positive comments and your nice comments about our own Guest Service Representative, Svetlana. I will share you comments with her and the rest of our staff. Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Wilmington, NC.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011 via mobile

I dont like going out and in and staying here I can cook and makes me feel like I am at home. FDL41

• Stayed May 2011
We a the Staybridge Suites are glad that we were able to make you feel like your home away from home. That is our goal. We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again when you visit Wilmington.

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington East? Share your experiences!