“Booking in advance does no good” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 Eastwood Road, Wilmington, NC 28403   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Booking in advance does no good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We had to travel to Wilmington, NC to attend an all day event on April 11, 2015. I made my reservation on March 19th because I knew the azalez festival was happening and hotel rooms were booking up fast. We got down the Friday the 10th at 3:30pm. Check in was at 4pm, so we went to a store across the street to kill time. I recieved a call at 3:45pm from expedia telling me we had no room because the hotel was overbooked. They had to find us another hotel which took 2 hours of driving around with our 2 children in the car. We went to the Fairfield Inn to complain about them not having a room and the guy at the front desk says it happens all the time. He could not get a hold of the manager to speak to us. My husband had to call the manager later. Expedia also took full price for the room. No one acted sorry. I had to call expedia twice to find a hotel. Horrible day. I will never book there again!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for sharing your concerns about your recent reservation. First and foremost, I am truly sorry for the experience that you encountered. If you have a moment, I would like to speak with you directly so that I can get some more information about your reservation. I am going to work with Expedia to identify the cause of this issue so we can effectively address the problem. I can honestly say that this type of situation is not a normal occurrence, however I want to make sure we are able to address the issue so that it doesn't happen again in the future. Thank you again for your time!
910-791-8082

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Shamong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were visiting Wilmington to tour the UNCW campus. The room was very clean and the lobby also. The breakfast was fantastic! This property was very convenient to the city, as well as the campus. "Dollis" was the attendant handling the breakfast in the lobby. She was absolutely terrific!!! Her 'upbeat' personality and attention to detail was to be commended! If we visit down there again, I would definitely return to this property!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you so much for the review! I hope that you will have the chance to visit Wilmington again soon!
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had some friends coming into town and we wanted a place that all of us could stay that would have an indoor heated pool for the kids to play in. Our group was made up of myself and my 6 year old daughter and 9 year old son - joining us was a father and his 8 year old daughter and a friend of his family a 70 year old woman. I called the hotel directly as this was a last minute booking and I wanted to make sure it was correct - I explained that to the person answering the phone but was immediately transferred to the national reservation desk. In speaking with her - I told her that I needed four rooms - one king with a connecting room with two beds and one double bed room connecting to another double bedroom. The confirmation was emailed stating the connecting rooms. When we arrived they had no connecting rooms. We were at a loss. I did not feel comfortable having my kids staying in a room all by themselves. The front desk was very apologetic but there was nothing they could do - we ended up cancelling one of the rooms and bunking together. We did enjoy the pool for a short period until a young man approx 14 or 15 decided that he would do cannonball jumps into the small pool (we were sitting to the side watching the kids fully dressed and using our IPads. We finally just left. Breakfast in the morning was normal fair but good. Hotel was clean - rooms were clean. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience. I am very sorry for the misinformation that you received by our central reservations department and I'm sorry that we couldn't fulfil your request on this occasion. If you are ever in the area again and would like to give us another try, please don't hesitate to contact me directly so that I can ensure your needs a met. Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I appreciate your feedback.
William Lear, GM
Pilot Mountain, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked 6 rooms here for our son's wedding in downtown Wilmington. With several family members including my husband and myself coming from 4 1/2 hours away, we wanted a comfortable, clean hotel convenient to downtown but still economical. We found what we wanted in this hotel. As requested all 6 rooms were fairly close to each other on the 2nd floor. My husband, myself, my other son and his wife arrived at the hotel early Friday morning hoping we could change clothes in the lobby of the hotel to attend the wedding rehearsal downtown at the Brooklyn Arts Center at 10am. They had one room available and actually allowed us to check in early at 8am. This allowed the 4 of us to freshen up after the long drive, change clothes and leave all our luggage in the one room until the other rooms were available. Mark at the front desk was so professional and we appreciated his help and consideration so much. The other rooms were ready and available early that afternoon.
The rooms were clean. The bathrooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. We did not have any issues with the free WiFi. Overall it was really a quiet place. Breakfast was very good both mornings. They had waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, fruit, cereal, pastries, bread for toast, bagels, yogurt, juice, and the coffee was very good. The breakfast bar was kept clean and well stocked. This was a nice addition to our stay.
The hotel was a short drive to the wedding venue. When you pull out of the parking lot and turn right, it is about 5 miles straight into downtown. We made one left turn and one right turn to get to the wedding venue. We were very pleased with this. The only complaint any of the guests in our party had was that the rooms did not have a refrigerator or a microwave. I did not think to look for this when booking these rooms as most hotels usually have a refrigerator and microwave. It was really not a big deal to us but we had one family member that needed a refrigerator to store her medicine. Other than that we all agreed it was a very nice hotel for the great value we received. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for the kind review! We are all happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and we hope that you all will have a chance to visit again in the future. Just as a small note for the future, our suites do have fridges and microwaves in them. They are a great option for individuals that value those amenities. Thank you again and please let us know if we can ever be of any assistance!
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fairfield Inn is part of the Marriott family of hotel/motels. In the past, it seemed to me that there was an appreciable difference between the Fairfields and the higher priced Marriott. And in terms of ambiance, there is, but in terms of bed comfort, pillow comfort - there is not. Fairfield Inn in Wilmington can certainly boast of beds/pillows/bedding that are super comfortable. The room was clean, the breakfast adequate - though in the south I do miss biscuits and gravy. Comfortable stay.

Room Tip: The first floor was great. The room was quiet - easy to access.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Mickey,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your experience at Fairfield Inn Wilmington! We are all thrilled to hear that we lived up to your expectations and hope that you will be able to visit us again in the near future. Also, I'm sorry that you missed the biscuits and gravy on this trip...we do offer them several times throughout the week as we rotate out our breakfast offerings. Thanks again and have a great day!
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

First off, the staff were excellent - very friendly and accomodating. Check in and out was very easy. The room was clean and quiet, and the WiFi was good. One thing that I really liked about our room was the amount of storage space available. We packed pretty light, and only used the closet area. But there was also a larger dresser with 4 drawers, and each nightstand had 2 drawers. We were pleasantly surprised with the breakfast, and as others have mentioned, there are TWO waffle makers! The lobby and dining areas are very nice, and I loved the fireplace. Great location, we were anywhere we needed to be within 15 minutes. Hopefully the next time we're down, the weather will be warmer and we can go out more. I was sad to come home to over a foot of snow. We look forward to coming back for the next several months.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much for the great review! We are all happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us and I hope that you will be able to come see us again in the near future. Have a great day!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

We are staying here with one daughter, our son and their families visiting our other daughter and family for her 40th birthday
Very fast check-in, very friendly, very professional staff.
Average room, Clean. Really nice, peaceful lobby. I sat and read there last night. Coffee is available in the lobby 24 hours. There's also 2 computers available and free WiFi in your room (an Ethernet cable is also available).
The TV has lots of channels, but is missing both of my favorite channels (EWTN and TCM).
Saturday Breakfast was the usual fare: Scrambled eggs, some kind of meat that looked and tasted like cooked bologna (probably Canadian Bacon) waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, etc.
Sunday breakfast was same but the meat was bacon.Very nice eating area.
The indoor heated pool is very enjoyable. Our children and grandchildren enjoyed all Saturday morning there. There is a small exercise room with 2 treadmills and a workout machine. I was unable to exercise however, because I can only do a stationary bike, and there is none. Most motels have one treadmill and one bike.
Another disappointment was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. My wife said she was sure they advertised room refrigerators when she booked. I need one for my insulin. We asked the front desk, but they had none. I left my insulin at my daughters about a half-hour away.
We were awoken by loud people in the hallway twice during the night. Probably partying guests arriving.
This is our first experience with Marriott. We will try other chains until we find one that is as good as Best Western used to be.
Pros: Clean, friendly, professional, modern
Cons: No exercise bike, missing favorite TV channels, no room refrigerator, loud guests.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor at the end of the hall where a door led out to the rear parking lot. Lot...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, even though there were a few opportunities for improvement. Also, please accept my apologies for any other guests that disturbed your stay in any way. We certainly try to keep noise to a minimum at all times, and I'm very sorry that we weren't able to on this occasion. Just an FYI for future visits, we do have fridges and microwaves in our suites. That may be a good option for you next time and I think that you would very much enjoy the added space. Thank you again and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Will Lear, GM

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!