We had to travel to Wilmington, NC to attend an all day event on April 11, 2015. I made my reservation on March 19th because I knew the azalez festival was happening and hotel rooms were booking up fast. We got down the Friday the 10th at 3:30pm. Check in was at 4pm, so we went to a store across the street to kill time. I recieved a call at 3:45pm from expedia telling me we had no room because the hotel was overbooked. They had to find us another hotel which took 2 hours of driving around with our 2 children in the car. We went to the Fairfield Inn to complain about them not having a room and the guy at the front desk says it happens all the time. He could not get a hold of the manager to speak to us. My husband had to call the manager later. Expedia also took full price for the room. No one acted sorry. I had to call expedia twice to find a hotel. Horrible day. I will never book there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. We strive to provide our guests with all the comfort and class that one has a right to expect from Marriott hotels. Our reputation relies upon excellence in cleanliness and guest service. We offer guest rooms with either one King-sized bed or two Queen-sized beds in addition to spacious suites with separate living, working, and sleeping areas. All rooms have 32” flat-screen televisions and the suites have i-Home music systems, mini-refrigerators, and microwave ovens. Every morning begins with our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast—featuring Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches, fresh coffee, and a variety of food/beverage options. When it comes to business travel, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington will always afford you an easy, comfortable trip. Our amenities are geared towards ensuring a world-class stay. Here’s how:Be Productive• Large, well-lit work area• Ergonomic desk & chair• Free wired and wireless Internet services• Free local phone calls• Business center with fax & copy service Be Comfortable• Complimentary 24-hour coffee & tea• Vending machines and Lobby Market offering snacks & beverages• Heated Indoor Pool and 24-hour Fitness Center• Same-day dry cleaning service• Individual room temperature control• In-room coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, & ironing board• Committed to a smoke-free policy• Conveniently located only minutes from the Wilmington International Airport, Wrightsville Beach, and Historic Downtown Wilmington.• The closest Marriott hotel to the University of North Carolina Wilmington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wilmington
- Fairfield Inn Wilmington