“Friendly, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 Eastwood Road, Wilmington, NC 28403   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Friendly, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We went for a family vacation over a 4 day weekend. This was our first trip to Wilmington and everything was great. I rarely need anything from hotel staffs. But on this trip we seemed to need more things. The staff responded to every request promptly, professionally, and pleasantly. Quite frankly, every staff member from the front desk, to the breakfast room, to housekeeping, were fantastic. They really made our trip. The hotel was clean and in a central location. It had everything we needed. But, to repeat, it was the staff of this hotel that makes it special.

Room Tip: It was winter, so there was not much outdoor activity. I do not know if there is noise outside when...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 2 days ago
On behalf of my entire staff, thank you so much for the thoughtful message! As with any hotel, it truely is the staff that makes the difference, and I am lucky enough to have a terrific one that consistently goes above and beyond with our guests. I'm glad to hear that you had such a great stay and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Best Regards,
Will Lear, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Leland, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Upon entering, I found the layout welcoming and appealing. There is a decent sized breakfast area that serves as a comfortable area to gather at the end of the day, if traveling with a group. Our room was spotless. We did have several issues though that made for a less than ideal stay. The shower never got hot. Even having the water temp turned to the hottest, the water was not as warm as my husband or I would have preferred. As soon as I sat on the bed, I knew it was too soft for me. When asked upon checkout how my stay was, I mentioned the mattress was too soft for me, and was told that I should have said something, as there are different mattresses, and they would have moved me. I did not know that, and will keep that in mind. Also, I need a soft pillow that my head can sink into, and all four pillows were foam, and a bit too unyielding for me, so I didn't sleep well, and woke with a bit of a backache. The breakfast was adequate, but not as good as some other Fairfield Inns we've stayed at,

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent visit! I appreciate the information and I just wanted to let you know that our maintenance department has addressed the areas of concern that you shared upon check-out. I hope that you will be able to visit us again in the future and please don't hesitate to contact me should you need anything at all!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm a platinum Marriott member, so I've seen a lot of Fairfields, etc... This is a good one! It smells lovely, looks clean and modern, and has great amenities. I think I was so scarred from another Fairfield in another city this week that was so bad, this was just a pleasant relief. The fitness room is really nice too, considering this is a Fairfield and a lot of times you just get a dingy little room.... it was bright and there were even weights. Let's see -- what else for business travelers.... there's a lot of t.v. channels (I really appreciate that...especially Bravo. lol). I just have nothing but wonderful things to say as a business traveler! And it was inexpensive!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm very happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope that we will be able to host you again in the future. Please don't ever hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance!
Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took my mother to Wilmington for her birthday, just a quick little getaway for the weekend. This hotel was amazing! The hotel was very easy to locate, and it is in a convenient location. You do have to drive to get most places, but its not a long drive at all. When we first checked in the lady at the front desk ( I wish I could remember her name-I'm horrible about that) was so friendly. She let us know where all of the amenities were, breakfast and pool hours, very informative. She even called up to our room about 15 minutes after we checked in to make sure that we had everything that we needed. Once we got to the room I was actually very surprised by how nice it was. It had a pretty normal hotel bathroom, then there was a little nook with a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker. There was a separate sitting room that had a couch, chair, lamp, TV, and desk. Then there were two queen beds and another TV. The beds were HEAVENLY. The blankets sheets were clean and soft, and the comforter was so big and fluffy. I couldn't lay in that bed for more than 5 minutes without falling asleep. I thought the breakfast was great. Nothing too extravagant...bacon, eggs, waffle maker, bread, muffins, cereal, juice, fruit and yogurt. They also had tea and coffee. Across from the front desk, they had two computers and a printer. I only used them briefly but the internet was very fast. They also had free Wi-Fi in the rooms that was very fast and easy to connect to. All in all we had a wonderful stay and I will absolutely stay at this hotel EVERYTIME I come to Wilmington. I will also be recommending this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen suite, close to the elevators on the second floor . I expected more noise sense...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the great review! We are all happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and we can't thank you enough for your business. Hope to see you again soon!
Washington Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had a one day trip to the Wilmington Area to check up on our retirement home at Brunswick Forest in Leland. This hotel is part of the Marriott chain, so I felt good staying there. And the price was great ($47 during Christmas week). We stayed in a King suite. With that said, I would suggest that it is not a suite. To me, a suite has at least two separate rooms. This "suite" was one room that is partitioned to give the allusion of two rooms. I don't say this to complain. I knew exactly what I was getting and actually like the set-up over a traditional hotel room. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows reasonable. My wife is allergic to feathers and the hotel had changed the bedding before we checked in. I always mention that when I make reservations and most hotels have to change the bedding after we check in and remind them. Fairfield had it done in advance. Excellent!!
The food at breakfast was also excellent with plenty of room to sit and enjoy the meal. Service was very friendly. The only downside to the stay is that Fairfield needs to be updated and painted. It's starting to show its age. Overall, the hotel was Very Good.

Room Tip: Restaurants are not within walking distance. You'll have to jump in the car and head towards UN...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future. Please don't ever hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance. Thanks again!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love staying here and have done so on a couple of occasions. Daniel at the front desk was very accommodating for any needs we had. The bed was comfy and slept well. Needs a little maintenance, our closet door was broken but we didn't use it. I will stay here anytime I visit Wilmington.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for the nice review! I'm happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I appreciate you mentioning Daniel. He is a great member of our team and consistently goes above and beyond with our guests! Also, thank you for letting us know about the issue with the closet door, if you have a moment and wouldn't mind, I would like to get the room number from you so that we can assure that it has been fixed. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
william.lear@crestlinehotels.com
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014

We stayed here for the first time in Wilmington. We were very please with the staff. They were friendly and helpful. Check in/out was effortless. The complimentary coffee and tea was a fantastic welcome after being out of the cold.

The room was clean but it was outdated. The mattresses were metal spring style and the middle was kind of worn out. It felt like someone had hollowed out the center. I noticed the comment card and paper tablet in the room but could not find a pen or pencil any where. Probably one of the nicer stays that I have had in a while.

Close to everything! The beach, places to eat, shop and if you want to buy a car...THIS may be your area to shop!

Knowing that frequent trips to Wilmington will be in our future, this hotel will definitely be our place.

Room Tip: Don't think that there was a bad room at this place. Just needs a few updates.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us! Thank you so much and we hope that you can visit us again in the near future! Best Regards,
Will Lear, GM

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!