“Excellent in many ways” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
Advanced Purchase. Save!!
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
“Excellent in many ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel looks and feels brand new but it is 3 years old. Decor was clean and beautiful. Room was spacious with separate sitting area. Front desk was extremely kind and helpful. Breakfast was top notch with plenty of options and 2 attentive attendants. Will most definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We try to ensure that every guest is provided with the only thing that varies from hotel to hotel and that is the service the staff provides. We try to keep it simple, provide a clean well maintained and friendly property that guests want to return to. We look forward to seeing you soon here in Wilmington.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Honestly, the 2 week business trip didn't start well for the hotel. They had overbooked the King Suites we were promised and didn't have enough of them. Fortunately, they went WAY above and beyond to make it right and moved me to an appropriate room.

The King Suite was nice, a sitting room and bedroom with a TV in each, and was very clean. The internet was tested on speedtest.net at 2MB/sec and was pretty consistent throughout the stay.

Breakfast was okay, maybe a little substandard compared to other continental breakfasts, but the staff made up for it. I worked the night shift and slept through most of the breakfast periods, but they were still great about letting me get oatmeal, yogurt, and fruit. And the coffee was pretty good for hotel fare.

The business center was slightly above average. I am not a fan of hotels that claim to cater to businessmen but lock their computers down with third party programs that prevent full utilization of the computer. At this hotel, the computers are locked down but they still worked fine for what I needed. The only problem was that they have a scanner, I needed a scanner, but theirs doesn't work with the locked down computer program. Knowing how much the operations manager wants this to be a stellar hotel, I'm sure she will ensure this issue is fixed. If not, I will note as much on my next stay.

I didn't use the workout room or the pool but my coworkers liked the workout room. The workout room looks into the pool area which could be a good or bad thing, depending on your tastes and who happens to be in the pool at a given time.

Overall a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The King Suites are worth paying the extra over the standard rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to fill out a survey. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach. Good people serving good people is an unbeatable situation, here’s looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

In December, I reserved 2 connecting suites for my sister so she could have Christmas with her only grandchild. The staff, prior to her arrival, was very helpful in helping me understand exactly what the suites's amenities were and what rooms to reserve to be sure they connected. On the day of their arrival, the baby was sick and they needed a room way before check-in time. The hotel put them in a room and made them comfortable until their suites were ready. They were thrilled with this hotel in all aspects: space in the suites, cleanliness, the indoor heated pool, and especially the CUSTOMER SERVICE. They had such a terrific time! This trip was my Christmas gift to my sister, and it could not have been nicer, thanks to the staff. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you need to have connecting rooms, the king suites connect to the queen suites with sofabed...per...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thanks for your kind words in your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have one goal and that is to provide great customer service to every guest that stays at the Fairfield Inn Wilmington. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Outer Banks, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I travel to Wilmington often and was staying at this hotel for the first time. I was very pleased with what I got for my money.

The hotel looks brand new and the room was nice and clean. Front desk service was friendly, fast and efficient.

I took advantage of the free continental breakfast which had a lot of choices including some hot food.

No big deal, but FYI, the hotel is located on a busy road and the parking lot exits directly to the road with no traffic light. A left turn out of the parking lot took a while.

When I am in the area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Greetings,

I'm so glad that you found us and hope you continue to stay with us when in Wilmington. We take pride in serving our guests and will work hard to maintain our hotel. See you soon.
FLEMING ISLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was attending my aunt's 90th birthday this past weekend on Wrightsville Beach. I picked this hotel based on location and price. The staff member offered me an upgrade to my room for no extra charge.

The hotel was bz because of the MG - Triumph road rally & foot race. I needed some directions which the staff provided. The b'fast area was stocked and cleaned even though the hotel was packed.
I had a very nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for your kind words; we truly have the greatest location in Wilmington. I was happy to hear that the staff treated you to an upgrade and that you enjoyed the breakfast selections. Our people make the difference. Come see us again soon.
Seymour, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hubby, son and I stayed here for 4 nights on vacation, and we had a great experience! The location is central, maing it easy to visit Wrightsville Beach, downtown, the Battleship, and restaurants easily.

The staff were consistently friendly and efficient.

The room and bathroom were large and appeared to be clean. Everything was in good working order. The beds were very comfy. The air unit was pretty quiet.

The have a nice sized indoor pool which son loved. And the exercise room is glass-enclosed right next to the pool, allowing me to wal on the treadmill and watch son swim at the same time.

The breakfast area is big, and there is a pretty good breakfast selection.

Can't think of any complaints! Would stay there again, and would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay, our staff is always pleased when they hear your positive feedback. Please come back and see how your comments have improved the guest experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington.
Greenbrier, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place is central to going to Wrightsville Beach and downtown Wilmington. The suite is roomy enough for a family of four but there were just two of us this trip. The beds are comfy. This is my second stay at this hotel. The breakfast is your average "free" breakfast. The front desk staff is ho hum....in that they are not very friendly and kinda of "weird" for a lack of a better word. The cleaning saff is just plain annoying. They were holding up elevators for their use instead of letting guests use them. They was one instance where a guy saw me coming and instead of letting me get on by he started mopping the floor and said "oh it's wet." The big let downn was the "poop" incident. They allow pets at this location. There was a car at the side entrace that had all it's doors open and stuff hanging out all over the place. Then there was poop...in the parking lot next to this car, up the sidewalk and in the entryway to the hotel. Runny piles of poop....SO GROSS. I calmy and nicely went in stepping over the poop, somebody else had apparently not seen the poo and stepped in it! I went in and told the front desk guy. He looked at me all crazy. I really wondered if he had an issue of sort. He said he'd take care of it. When we went out about an hour later the pooped had been wiped up but there were stains on the concrete. The next morning the stains were still present. I do believe the area should have been soaped down nd sprayed with a hose. The lack of effort in cleaning up something so disgusting really turned us off to this place. We came back to Wilmington this week but stayed at the Homewood Suites. Ty were the same price, way nicer, closer to the beach plus.... they have a powerwasher and were cleaning when we got here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent comments, through comments like yours we can improve the guest experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location; we are in the center of all you are looking when visiting Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. I have addressed the issue regarding the pet stain near the side entrance and can assure you it won't happen again. Please see us again in the future for a complementary room upgrade.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!