Honestly, the 2 week business trip didn't start well for the hotel. They had overbooked the King Suites we were promised and didn't have enough of them. Fortunately, they went WAY above and beyond to make it right and moved me to an appropriate room.
The King Suite was nice, a sitting room and bedroom with a TV in each, and was very clean. The internet was tested on speedtest.net at 2MB/sec and was pretty consistent throughout the stay.
Breakfast was okay, maybe a little substandard compared to other continental breakfasts, but the staff made up for it. I worked the night shift and slept through most of the breakfast periods, but they were still great about letting me get oatmeal, yogurt, and fruit. And the coffee was pretty good for hotel fare.
The business center was slightly above average. I am not a fan of hotels that claim to cater to businessmen but lock their computers down with third party programs that prevent full utilization of the computer. At this hotel, the computers are locked down but they still worked fine for what I needed. The only problem was that they have a scanner, I needed a scanner, but theirs doesn't work with the locked down computer program. Knowing how much the operations manager wants this to be a stellar hotel, I'm sure she will ensure this issue is fixed. If not, I will note as much on my next stay.
I didn't use the workout room or the pool but my coworkers liked the workout room. The workout room looks into the pool area which could be a good or bad thing, depending on your tastes and who happens to be in the pool at a given time.
Overall a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. We strive to provide our guests with all the comfort and class that one has a right to expect from Marriott hotels. Our reputation relies upon excellence in cleanliness and guest service. We offer guest rooms with either one King-sized bed or two Queen-sized beds in addition to spacious suites with separate living, working, and sleeping areas. All rooms have 32” flat-screen televisions and the suites have i-Home music systems, mini-refrigerators, and microwave ovens. Every morning begins with our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast—featuring Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches, fresh coffee, and a variety of food/beverage options. When it comes to business travel, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington will always afford you an easy, comfortable trip. Our amenities are geared towards ensuring a world-class stay. Here’s how:Be Productive• Large, well-lit work area• Ergonomic desk & chair• Free wired and wireless Internet services• Free local phone calls• Business center with fax & copy service Be Comfortable• Complimentary 24-hour coffee & tea• Vending machines and Lobby Market offering snacks & beverages• Heated Indoor Pool and 24-hour Fitness Center• Same-day dry cleaning service• Individual room temperature control• In-room coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, & ironing board• Committed to a smoke-free policy• Conveniently located only minutes from the Wilmington International Airport, Wrightsville Beach, and Historic Downtown Wilmington.• The closest Marriott hotel to the University of North Carolina Wilmington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wilmington
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
- Fairfield Inn Wilmington