“Very nice room at a great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 Eastwood Road, Wilmington, NC 28403   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 43 hotels in Wilmington
Outer Banks, NC
“Very nice room at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I travel to Wilmington often and was staying at this hotel for the first time. I was very pleased with what I got for my money.

The hotel looks brand new and the room was nice and clean. Front desk service was friendly, fast and efficient.

I took advantage of the free continental breakfast which had a lot of choices including some hot food.

No big deal, but FYI, the hotel is located on a busy road and the parking lot exits directly to the road with no traffic light. A left turn out of the parking lot took a while.

When I am in the area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Greetings,

I'm so glad that you found us and hope you continue to stay with us when in Wilmington. We take pride in serving our guests and will work hard to maintain our hotel. See you soon.

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
FLEMING ISLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was attending my aunt's 90th birthday this past weekend on Wrightsville Beach. I picked this hotel based on location and price. The staff member offered me an upgrade to my room for no extra charge.

The hotel was bz because of the MG - Triumph road rally & foot race. I needed some directions which the staff provided. The b'fast area was stocked and cleaned even though the hotel was packed.
I had a very nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for your kind words; we truly have the greatest location in Wilmington. I was happy to hear that the staff treated you to an upgrade and that you enjoyed the breakfast selections. Our people make the difference. Come see us again soon.
Seymour, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hubby, son and I stayed here for 4 nights on vacation, and we had a great experience! The location is central, maing it easy to visit Wrightsville Beach, downtown, the Battleship, and restaurants easily.

The staff were consistently friendly and efficient.

The room and bathroom were large and appeared to be clean. Everything was in good working order. The beds were very comfy. The air unit was pretty quiet.

The have a nice sized indoor pool which son loved. And the exercise room is glass-enclosed right next to the pool, allowing me to wal on the treadmill and watch son swim at the same time.

The breakfast area is big, and there is a pretty good breakfast selection.

Can't think of any complaints! Would stay there again, and would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay, our staff is always pleased when they hear your positive feedback. Please come back and see how your comments have improved the guest experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington.
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here two separate times with my wife and child, once in June 2011 and in June of 2012. I feel it necessary to give a brief review for my 2011 stay to make a point. In June of 2011 my dumb self picks a room with out a fridge (nice to be able to keep a gallon of milk cold for my then 1 1/2 year old). Go downstairs to see if I can switch rooms. B/c my dumb self booked with travelocity (which I will never do again) I had to try and call travelocity to get them to do something with my reservation, I believe the front desk employees name was Daniel, he got on the phone with travelocity to try and explain what was going on, without success. Anyways, stayed in the same room for around 5 nights, everything was fine. As we packed up to check-out, I tried to open the door to our room from the outside to make sure it was locked, the door opened without having to use the key. My room was unlocked the entire time but nothing was stolen so atleast you know the hotel is somewhat safe. (A few cars got broken into in the parking lot during my stay as well, so please keep your valuables hidden.)

June 2012,
Check-in was fine. Went up to the room and remembering what happened last year I tried to open the room door without using the key. The door opened. Just checking if it was a fluke I let the door close again and I was able to open it without using the key. My wife went in to the room with my son and I went downstairs to get some help and once again Daniel (i really hope that is the guys name.) helped me. He showed me what trick they do to get it to lock which I did for the rest of our stay.
A day or so later, we heard people getting into the room next door. They seemed to be having some trouble, opening and closing it several times. I step out to see what was going on and their door was doing the same thing.
Still a nice hotel, nice breakfast. Only negatives during the June 2012 stay was the loud, horrible mother in the room next to us (could hear everything that she was yelling to her kids) and the one rude front desk employee with the glasses who I believe had front desk supervisor on his name tag. A couple of nights into our stay I tried to ask that employee if there was a permanent solution to the door problem since I didn't feel like I should have to do the trick that Daniel showed me everytime we left the room. The supervisor barely looked up from the computer and basically mumbled to me the trick that I was shown. Didn't offer to send a maintenance person to the room to help. Had my son with my so I just left so I wouldn't do anything stupid in front of him.
Would stay here again. Will check my door first though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay, our staff has been made aware of the door issue you experienced and it has been resolved. Please come see is again to see how we have improved due to you advice.
Greenbrier, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place is central to going to Wrightsville Beach and downtown Wilmington. The suite is roomy enough for a family of four but there were just two of us this trip. The beds are comfy. This is my second stay at this hotel. The breakfast is your average "free" breakfast. The front desk staff is ho hum....in that they are not very friendly and kinda of "weird" for a lack of a better word. The cleaning saff is just plain annoying. They were holding up elevators for their use instead of letting guests use them. They was one instance where a guy saw me coming and instead of letting me get on by he started mopping the floor and said "oh it's wet." The big let downn was the "poop" incident. They allow pets at this location. There was a car at the side entrace that had all it's doors open and stuff hanging out all over the place. Then there was poop...in the parking lot next to this car, up the sidewalk and in the entryway to the hotel. Runny piles of poop....SO GROSS. I calmy and nicely went in stepping over the poop, somebody else had apparently not seen the poo and stepped in it! I went in and told the front desk guy. He looked at me all crazy. I really wondered if he had an issue of sort. He said he'd take care of it. When we went out about an hour later the pooped had been wiped up but there were stains on the concrete. The next morning the stains were still present. I do believe the area should have been soaped down nd sprayed with a hose. The lack of effort in cleaning up something so disgusting really turned us off to this place. We came back to Wilmington this week but stayed at the Homewood Suites. Ty were the same price, way nicer, closer to the beach plus.... they have a powerwasher and were cleaning when we got here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent comments, through comments like yours we can improve the guest experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location; we are in the center of all you are looking when visiting Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. I have addressed the issue regarding the pet stain near the side entrance and can assure you it won't happen again. Please see us again in the future for a complementary room upgrade.
philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We always stay at a Marriott. This was a nice place for my family of 4. We were in a double queen room. Overall the stay was fine. Staff very friendly (especially Dina at the breakfast area). The location is perfect-we were doing a college visit to UNCW and it seemed like we were 5 minutes from everywhere-the school, downtown, beach and the airport.
I think the housekeeping was below par. Our shower curtain was moldy and the room dusty but that wouldnt keep me from going there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. It's through comments like yours that we can improve. I’m pleased that you enjoy our friendly staff and great location. I have shared your comments with our staff and we are poised to improve.
Morris County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed here last week while visiting friends living in nearby Hampstead. The hotel is in a great location near Mayfair Town Center, restaurants, and Rt. 17. We had a room on the third floor with two beds. The room was clean and spacious. The beds had many small pillows but were rather comfortable. There weren't very many towels in the bathroom, but we made do.

The only issue we had with the room was the door lock. Something was wrong with it and the deadbolt did not work. After a couple tries, we got the hang of opening our door. It definitely would stick and it had to be opened a certain way. It wasn't a big enough problem for us to bother with changing our room. I even forgot to mention it when checking out. We just kept the hotel bar on at night for sleeping.

Breakfast was great. Wish I had a waffle batter dispenser and waffle maker in my kitchen at home.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The front desk person working when we checked in provided us with great maps and discount coupons for nearby restaurants.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I were to return to the Wilmington area. The room rate was extremely affordable at buy two nights, get one free. Very competitive considering there are many similar hotels in the vicinity.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor away from the elevator. No complaints. It was very quiet.