This place is central to going to Wrightsville Beach and downtown Wilmington. The suite is roomy enough for a family of four but there were just two of us this trip. The beds are comfy. This is my second stay at this hotel. The breakfast is your average "free" breakfast. The front desk staff is ho hum....in that they are not very friendly and kinda of "weird" for a lack of a better word. The cleaning saff is just plain annoying. They were holding up elevators for their use instead of letting guests use them. They was one instance where a guy saw me coming and instead of letting me get on by he started mopping the floor and said "oh it's wet." The big let downn was the "poop" incident. They allow pets at this location. There was a car at the side entrace that had all it's doors open and stuff hanging out all over the place. Then there was poop...in the parking lot next to this car, up the sidewalk and in the entryway to the hotel. Runny piles of poop....SO GROSS. I calmy and nicely went in stepping over the poop, somebody else had apparently not seen the poo and stepped in it! I went in and told the front desk guy. He looked at me all crazy. I really wondered if he had an issue of sort. He said he'd take care of it. When we went out about an hour later the pooped had been wiped up but there were stains on the concrete. The next morning the stains were still present. I do believe the area should have been soaped down nd sprayed with a hose. The lack of effort in cleaning up something so disgusting really turned us off to this place. We came back to Wilmington this week but stayed at the Homewood Suites. Ty were the same price, way nicer, closer to the beach plus.... they have a powerwasher and were cleaning when we got here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. We strive to provide our guests with all the comfort and class that one has a right to expect from Marriott hotels. Our reputation relies upon excellence in cleanliness and guest service. We offer guest rooms with either one King-sized bed or two Queen-sized beds in addition to spacious suites with separate living, working, and sleeping areas. All rooms have 32” flat-screen televisions and the suites have i-Home music systems, mini-refrigerators, and microwave ovens. Every morning begins with our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast—featuring Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches, fresh coffee, and a variety of food/beverage options. When it comes to business travel, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington will always afford you an easy, comfortable trip. Our amenities are geared towards ensuring a world-class stay. Here’s how:Be Productive• Large, well-lit work area• Ergonomic desk & chair• Free wired and wireless Internet services• Free local phone calls• Business center with fax & copy service Be Comfortable• Complimentary 24-hour coffee & tea• Vending machines and Lobby Market offering snacks & beverages• Heated Indoor Pool and 24-hour Fitness Center• Same-day dry cleaning service• Individual room temperature control• In-room coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, & ironing board• Committed to a smoke-free policy• Conveniently located only minutes from the Wilmington International Airport, Wrightsville Beach, and Historic Downtown Wilmington.• The closest Marriott hotel to the University of North Carolina Wilmington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wilmington
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
- Fairfield Inn Wilmington