“Convenient but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 Eastwood Road, Wilmington, NC 28403   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #16 of 43 hotels in Wilmington
Greenbrier, Tennessee
“Convenient but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place is central to going to Wrightsville Beach and downtown Wilmington. The suite is roomy enough for a family of four but there were just two of us this trip. The beds are comfy. This is my second stay at this hotel. The breakfast is your average "free" breakfast. The front desk staff is ho hum....in that they are not very friendly and kinda of "weird" for a lack of a better word. The cleaning saff is just plain annoying. They were holding up elevators for their use instead of letting guests use them. They was one instance where a guy saw me coming and instead of letting me get on by he started mopping the floor and said "oh it's wet." The big let downn was the "poop" incident. They allow pets at this location. There was a car at the side entrace that had all it's doors open and stuff hanging out all over the place. Then there was poop...in the parking lot next to this car, up the sidewalk and in the entryway to the hotel. Runny piles of poop....SO GROSS. I calmy and nicely went in stepping over the poop, somebody else had apparently not seen the poo and stepped in it! I went in and told the front desk guy. He looked at me all crazy. I really wondered if he had an issue of sort. He said he'd take care of it. When we went out about an hour later the pooped had been wiped up but there were stains on the concrete. The next morning the stains were still present. I do believe the area should have been soaped down nd sprayed with a hose. The lack of effort in cleaning up something so disgusting really turned us off to this place. We came back to Wilmington this week but stayed at the Homewood Suites. Ty were the same price, way nicer, closer to the beach plus.... they have a powerwasher and were cleaning when we got here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your recent comments, through comments like yours we can improve the guest experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location; we are in the center of all you are looking when visiting Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. I have addressed the issue regarding the pet stain near the side entrance and can assure you it won't happen again. Please see us again in the future for a complementary room upgrade.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We always stay at a Marriott. This was a nice place for my family of 4. We were in a double queen room. Overall the stay was fine. Staff very friendly (especially Dina at the breakfast area). The location is perfect-we were doing a college visit to UNCW and it seemed like we were 5 minutes from everywhere-the school, downtown, beach and the airport.
I think the housekeeping was below par. Our shower curtain was moldy and the room dusty but that wouldnt keep me from going there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. It's through comments like yours that we can improve. I’m pleased that you enjoy our friendly staff and great location. I have shared your comments with our staff and we are poised to improve.
Morris County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed here last week while visiting friends living in nearby Hampstead. The hotel is in a great location near Mayfair Town Center, restaurants, and Rt. 17. We had a room on the third floor with two beds. The room was clean and spacious. The beds had many small pillows but were rather comfortable. There weren't very many towels in the bathroom, but we made do.

The only issue we had with the room was the door lock. Something was wrong with it and the deadbolt did not work. After a couple tries, we got the hang of opening our door. It definitely would stick and it had to be opened a certain way. It wasn't a big enough problem for us to bother with changing our room. I even forgot to mention it when checking out. We just kept the hotel bar on at night for sleeping.

Breakfast was great. Wish I had a waffle batter dispenser and waffle maker in my kitchen at home.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The front desk person working when we checked in provided us with great maps and discount coupons for nearby restaurants.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I were to return to the Wilmington area. The room rate was extremely affordable at buy two nights, get one free. Very competitive considering there are many similar hotels in the vicinity.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor away from the elevator. No complaints. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to fill out a survey; it is through comments like yours that we can improve. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We have great associates that are willing to service each and every guest with a smile. I too am a big fan of the waffles, looking forward to your next visit.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Friendly staff, very helpful. Doable breakfast bar. Very comfortable beds. Inn is located near everything. Quiet. No traffic noise. Easy in and out. Indoor pool and exercise room. Lounge area with coffee and tv. Large parkingarea. Every evening we had to stop by the front desk foe extra face cloths and towels, seems there were never enough in the room.

Room Tip: Weekly rates cheaper than weekend.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Greetings Thanks for taking the time to fill out a survey. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay; our entire staff truly wants to make difference. I have shared your comments with the housekeeper and they are looking at adding towels above the brand recommended totals.
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here while trying to decide if I want to semi-retire in Wilmington. The positives: eager, pleasant staff; 2 free WiFi computers in lobby; free breakfast with multiple offerings including fruit and protein! Location is on a major road and convenient to other major roads. Traffic can be a little intimidating if you don't drive regularly. Tiny indoor pool adjacent to exercise room was excellent for dips, but too small for laps. This is a busy property in the summer beach season. My only complaints are the "fragrance" of the room cleaning compounds and the Muzak, which needs to be either turned off or updated for variety. They gave me an excellent walk-in price that was better than anything posted on the internet. I would definitely stay there again, although I would hope for a less "fragrant" atmosphere.

Room Tip: I asked for a top floor room because I don't want the sound of anyone stomping around above my h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have shared your feedback with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you move to Wilmington...
Forest City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Booked my recent Wilmington trip here because my usual hotel was sold out for 3 of the nights I wanted. The hotel is in a great location, just minutes from Wrightsville Beach, numerous restaurants and basically anything else you could want. The staff was very friendly and courteous at all times. The free breakfast was nice with a large, comfortable eating area. I was able to use my laptop anywhere in the hotel with no connectivity problems. My room was clean, comfortable and just right for one person, but I think it would be cramped with 2 adults (only one chair). The biggest negative to the room was a lack of microwave and mini-fridge (apparently only the suites have them). For someone staying a week, these are a necessity and it was my fault for not confirming that I would have them. It's just that in a fairly new hotel that's charging $129.00 per night, I expect a mini-fridge and microwave. Overall all it is a nice, clean hotel. I would consider staying here again but would make sure I got the larger room with more amenities.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have microwave and mini-fridge. Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Greetings,
Thanks for taking the time to complete a survey, it through comments like yours we can improve. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, when you visit Wilmington next time ask for the King Suite it has a separate seating area, TV, Microwave and Mini Refrigerator...We believe that people make the difference I am glad you noticed.
Dixon, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Spent 3 nights here in a king suite with a melted lampshade, a broken coffee table & a soft mattress that hadn't been rotated in a long while. Don't expect to sleep late. The cleaning crew starts before 7am with a very noisy Oreck Vacuum in the hallways & public areas. But by late morning those checking out have made it messy again - until the next morning. Maybe management might reconsider the timing, so arriving guests are greeted with clean hallways. Internet wi-fi was fine as was breakfast. The indoor pool was nice. Archie, our housekeeper, did an excellent job in our suite & is a real credit to this motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings,
Thanks for taking the time to complete a survey, it through comments like yours we can improve. I am pleased that you found your room attendant did a great job we believe that people make the difference. Your comments regarding your room have been addressed and we are looking at the timing of the public space cleaning.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!