I had booked 4 rooms and given my business credit card and asked for a master billing of the room charges and parking for these 4 rooms. Upon check in they didn't have it set up that way and said "you should have told them......".My reply was "how was I to know the lingo I had to use to get them to do a Master Billing - I was giving them one credit card for 4 rooms - you would think that would be a small clue that I was taking care of the expenses for these rooms! We checked in on Sunday, March 10th and after being late to a function noticed the clock in the room had not been moved ahead for Day Light Savings Time. When I called the front desk to ask how to do it, they said I couldn't do it - that a maintenance person had to come to the room to do it.
So they did send one up and the clock got changed. When I checked with the other people in my party they said their clocks also had not been changed. When I asked the front desk about this they said they were "short staffed" and there were over 300 clocks to change and had not been able to do it. This is a convention type hotel!....Next,we couldn't find the ice machine on our floor and when I called the front desk they said it was next to Room 640. I went down the hall - I was in room 615 and the only thing next to room 640 was Room 642..I kept going and finally found a room with a small side windoe next to room 645 and I could see the ice machine in the room BUT I had to have a room key to access it. Luckily for the hotel I saw a housekeeper and she came and opened the room for me so I didn't have to walk all the way back to mine and then back again. I called the front desk and said "you need to make a note that the ice machine is next to room 645 and you must have your room key to access it." Their reply was "oh, I'm sorry no one told you that correctly"! At 10 pm, I went to take a shower and there were no wash cloths..so I called the front desk (by now I'm sure my room is on Red Alert) and asked "do you not use wash cloths in this hotel, because there aren't any in the bathroom.. There are 6 hand towels and 2 bath towels but no wash cloths. They sent housekeeping up with 2 wash cloths at 10:30 pm. The only thing nice about this place is the view from the riverfront rooms - but they don't provide any type of breakfast...elevators will only hold about 2 guests with luggage at a time. Wilmington is such a charming town, next time I will stay at a B&B . When I was checking out and asked for a master bill, I got copies of all the bills for the 4 rooms and they said "Next time you can ......"which before she was finished I smiled and said, Don't worry, finishing your sentence, I promise you there won't be a NEXT TIME. And this was the hotel used for a tourism conference. Hilton really needs to take a look at this place and if things can't be corrected they need to take their name off the door.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Wilmington Riverside Hotel Wilmington
- Hilton Wilmington Riverside Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Wilmington
- Hilton Wilmington
- Wilmington Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full service waterfront hotel in historic Wilmington, NC. The Hilton Wilmington Riverside is located in the heart of downtown only footsteps from tons of shopping, dining and sightseeing. We feature dining in Innovations Restaurant or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (on site), Currents Coffee & Gift Shop (featuring Starbucks products), 24 hour fitness & business center, outdoor pool and sprawling views of the Cape Fear or Historic Downtown from our rooms. We are the proud sponsors of North Carolina Azalea Festival, North Carolina Jazz Festival and Riverfest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hilton Wilmington Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.