“Great food, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

138 South Front Street, Wilmington, NC
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Dipper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 557 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Fondue
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

If you like the Melting Pot, you will love the Little Dipper. Personally, I think they have a better cheese and chocolate choices than the Melting Pot. Plus, you are supporting a local business rather than a chain restaurant. The Little Dipper also has a great atmosphere as well. They have a really cool jellyfish tank right next to the bar area which is nice to look at. Also, on Wednesday nights they have "Ladies Night." You get cheese and chocolate for $7 and they have awesome drink specials as well. You may want to make a reservation for that evening since they tend to fill up quickly. You will not be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“I can't resist this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

If you've had fondue at a Melting Pot, you can't help thinking, "I paid this for only that and I still had to cook my own food???" So, please forget you've ever had a fondue experience and try Little Dipper. This local restaurant is truly a gem of Wilmington. The wine list is short and direct, but has plenty of variety. The food is always very fresh and the waitstaff and bartenders are fun folks. The interior feels like a big lava lamp, which is fun too. The tables are spread out, so you're not eating in your neighbor's lap. I love the back patio and live music on the weekends. They accommodate folks with food allergies, etc. I can't say enough good about this place. My 9 yr old loves this place too. Try the peanut butter and chocolate fondue for dessert. Warning: it's addictive and worth every delicious calorie and cent. Make a reservation in advance, as this place is always packed.

“Great Fondue Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Little Dipper is so good! They let you choose which sauces you want with your meal, & it's hard to choose because they're all so good! I absolutely love this place, & will return again & again!

“YUMMY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

My friends and I came here strictly for the fondue...it was affordable and amazing. We split a large fontana basil cheese fondue that came with bread, potatoes, grapes, broccoli, apples, carrots and free refills on the sides! Then, for dessert, the three of us split a small chocolate turtle fondue that came with marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, pretzels, pineapple, apples, strawberries, and tiny eclairs! SO YUMMY! Absolutely enough for three people and i was completely full by the end.

Clinton, North Carolina
“Best anniversary dinner ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

My boyfriend and I went to the restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. Our waitress Sarah made us feel completely comfortable! She walked us through the whole fondue experience, suggesting several great choices. We previously dined at another local chain fondue restaurant for my birthday and left starving. We loved the Instant Karma and went berserk over the beautiful Double your pleasure chocolate for desser. At the Little Dipper, we were absolutely stuffed!The food was amazing, the atmosphere and mood were spectacular! This is absolutely our new favorite restaurant! Thanks to Sarah for making dinner so amazing for us!