“We love the Zoo :)” 5 of 5 stars

mount airy, nc
18 attraction reviews
“We love the Zoo :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

the zoo is a must-see attraction for anyone that visits wilmington and the nearby beaches. the animals appear to be well taken care off. nice little environment. we visit everytime we are in town. $12 for adults. kids are a little less. i think is great!

Visited July 2013

New York
7 attraction reviews
“Dirty cages, rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a Sunday and I must say that it was not busy at all! They do have a little gift shop when you walk in, but everything was well over priced. The grounds are not that well kept up and it appeared that all the staff was in the gift shop in the ac while the animals were suffering in the heat. They did not have enough water, and the cages were dirty! The animals looked depressed, it was really sad! We found a peacock feather and carried it around the park with us, and right before we went to leave back through the gift shop an old man that worked there snatched it out of my hand and said that if I wanted it I could pay for it in the gift shop! I was so horrified because he basically accused me of stealing it! I had all intentions of asking what the policy was, but due to his actions I would not give them one more cent! It is not like you can sneak out with a peacock feather it was about 4 feet long! I seriously have never been so embarrassed or insulted in my life! I would not recommend this place for family fun unless you want to be insulted and see poorly treated animals!

Visited August 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Absolutely horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited the zoo today. We all remarked at the poor little fennec fox who was adorable yet kept in an extremely small cage and was losing hair and bleeding. Dirty conditions and no food water or toys. All animals small and large were kept in undersized cages with no water. The panther looked extremely bored and its cage was filthy. I do not recommend this place for anyone. Animal cruelty in its worst form!

Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
“Hidden Gem of a Zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am always amazed that none of the people in this area seem to know this little 10 acre zoo. On the main road, it still seems to be missed by the locals and people heading to Carolina Beach. I can remember when they had an elephant that lived outside their front door but she has long since gone to elephant heaven.

This is the old sort of zoo where you can take your 87 year old mother and not wear her out. Shady paths run between large cages with many different kinds of animals. Some common like the tiger, less common like the white tiger and then some that I have never heard of. The animals seemed to enjoy seeing us and seemed to watch us rather than the other way around. A comfortable and happy lot.

They have a nice gift shop and clean rest rooms. The people that run Tregembo go out of their way to be informative and friendly. They grew up on this little piece of paradise and can tell you wonderful adventure stories from their grandfather's time . And adventures they had living there as children. The museum is full of odd artifacts of other times.

Visited June 2013
“Awsome a zoo that is actually fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a zoo where you can actually interact with the animals. I've been to the big zoo's and been board out of my mind. The reviews suggesting animal cruelty are obviously written by treehugger liberals that believe animals should have equal rights as humans. This is not a luxurious zoo like a government funded zoo, but the animals seem very much cared for. Overall awesome experience!