“Extremely Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Extremely Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have been to at least a dozen BBQ restaurants throughout my life and it's one of my favorite types of food. This was one of the worst I have ever been to. The whole family hated it. We thought a couple of the side dishes were from a can. Our server confirmed this thought. The BBQ sauce was very tomatoey and not very authentic. The pulled pork looked and tasted very processed. The bun used for the pulled pork was a simply store bought bun and cold. The whole experience was not very appetizing. I won't be coming back. The only good thing I can say, is that the food was cheap. Although this experience echoes the thought of 'you get what you pay for".

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Saturday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

4 of us had lunch , our 1st trip. The service was very good. The barbecue sause was great and the sides were cooked perfect. We will go back on our next trip to the area. 2 of us are from NC and know good barbecue and 2 of us are from Miami....and they loved it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
san francisco
“Best hush puppies ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Quintessential casual BBQ place, good chopped BBQ, collards and Brunswick stew. Wood paneled walls,styrofoam plates, huge styro glasses of sweet iced tea. But it was those hush puppies that would keep me coming back. Crispy outside,melt in your mouth corny goodness on the inside. Skip those terrible dry and chewy corn sticks! Pleasant outside in the back to eat under the big oak tree.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Not a fan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Since this is my first time trying BBQ in the Carolinas I am not sure if it was this place I didnt like or Carolina style BBQ as a whole. The corn sticks were weird, the BBQ potatoes were grose, the ribs were very soft - not how I am use to having them prepared, and the pork was ok but I am not a vinegar fan so I ate it plain which made it a bit boring. I also felt a little queazy when I left. My husband enjoyed the hush puppies, found the cornsticks strange, liked the green beans, did not like the potatoes and found the BBQ very vinegarey.

Visited July 2013
Cedartown, Georgia
“Eastern Carolina bbq some right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

If you have never been to eastern Carolina before, the bbq is different. It is vinegar based and served with hushpuppies. This place is really good. I would not say it is the cleanest place in the world but the quality of food makes up for it. If you are only going to go there once get the medium pork plate. Don't look for bbq sauce on the table. There is only a bottle of vinegar. I loved it. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2013