“Friendly Service_DvB” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Texas
“Friendly Service_DvB”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I could expound on the virtues and failings of North Carolina’s vinegar BBQ sauce, but this restaurant keeps it simple. You order at the front and staff bring the food to your table. Of our group’s selections, the only complaint came about the chicken an older relative had ordered being “dry.” Since Smithfield’s was kind enough to make a special order for his dietary restrictions, I don’t think assessment is fair. Otherwise, we all very much enjoyed the pork and fried chicken, and various side dishes.

The people were friendly, especially a gentleman who was cleaning tables. It was clean, and though not too fast, not a long wait either. I rate it “Average” because it wasn’t what I would consider a unique dining experience being from out of town. If I lived there, I would probably eat there once a month or so since the food was fresh, flavorful, and not expensive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Eastern NC BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a regular stop in Eastern NC for me. Smithfields BBQ is a great stop in any city. Good portions at a reasonable price.

Visited September 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent staff and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We arrived at Smithfield in Leland and the older gentleman that took our order was exceptionally friendly and courteous. We decided to sit outside because the air was cold, but he came out fix the table for us and continually checked on us until we left. Outstanding service.

Visited April 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

GREAT SERVICE! GREAT FOOD! EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT! REAL SWEET TEA! I would love to see ACTUAL bananas in the banana pudding though! Maybe a southern peach cobbler?

Visited September 2012
“NC BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I think I'm not a fan of NC BBQ. I do however, love their hushpuppies that they serve. The other food is good too, I am just realizing that I'm not a fan of the vinigar based BBQ here in NC

Visited August 2012