“Can't Go Wrong!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Surf City
“Can't Go Wrong!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Indochine is by far my favorie restaurant in Wilmington, NC. We dine in here more than any other restaurant in Wilmington. We were in there last Thursday (11/1/12) with some friends that had never been there before and they loved it and were saying how much some other friends would like Indochine. The food and service are always consistent and great, the prices reasonable. Don't think because it is Asian that there is nothing on the menu for you, my husband does not like Asian; but, loves Indochine, raves about it in fact. The only draw back is that they do not take reservations, we had a 30minute wait last week; but, the bar is well stocked and if the weather is nice you can sit outside in the spectacular garden. I highly recommend Indochine to anyone. If you like coconut cake theirs is the best, it comes with coconut ice cream. YUM!!!!

• Visited November 2012

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Lunch is always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went on Thursday for lunch and got there after the rush at about 1:20pm. I ordered the sushi lunch combo and another rainbow roll? Both were very yummy, still in search of the best sushi bar but very close. Waitress forgot our salad and it took 20 minutes for our lunch to come out but these things happen sometimes. You really can't go wrong eating here. Nice atmosphere, great food and a good place to share with friends, co-workers and family.

• Visited November 2012
Greenville, North Carolina
“Indochine - dress for a better table.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My friends tell me that Indochine is beach casual, but I don't think that's entirely so. This is the first visit twhere we've been shunted to the second bar area with an entrance outside the main resaurant and I think it was be casual some of us were beach casual in dress or perhaps not trendy enough for Wilmywood's screen scene. If you are directed to this seating area, stop the waiter and ask to wait for the main dining room or just leave. While the weather was not the best, I would like at some point to get seats in the garden. Nonetheless, don't let them backtrack you out the front door to the adjacent bar type space. It's just not the same as dining at Indochine. I could have just had takeout for the same experience as eating in this windowless bar that looked like any other run-of-the-mill restaurant. I was dining in for "THE Indochine.". The sights, sounds, and smells are entirely different in this separate part of the restaurant. Nothing was quite the same as the full Indochine experience. I was disappointed with this visit to Indochine as a result. Also while ordering go all the way and realize that it will be pricey. The house salad is amazing but I missed the soup and green tea which the waiter failed to mention would not come with my entree until the meal was well underway. I would also mention that the booths in this area of the restaurant are not comfortable. The huge table bases make it very hard to enter the long booth area. This was just a disappointing visit to Indochine for me especially since I had high expectations. Maybe I will try the lunch service on a weekday to try to restore faith in their service, food taste, and atmosphere. --- On a side note: I long to dine in their garden. Perhaps the management can announce on social media the days that the garden is avaiable for seating. Just a thought.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Bern, North Carolina
“Authentic cuisine with a plus!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Indochine Friday night is a must, the restaurant boast a menu to savor with all kinds of foods to choose from including vegetarian. the Restaurant also on friday night has Kelly the belly dancer entertaining you or should i say distracting you at your table. it's hard to eat when you have such a beautiful woman gyrating in front of you "Phew". the restaurant does not take reservations so be prepared to wait a short while at the bar with your first drink.

Atlanta
“Top notch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Came here with family before going to the theater. We have come here previously and, each time, found the fare delightlful. Plenty of options for those who prefer flesh, vegetarian fare, and they will tailor to match the level of spice you desire.
Had one of the vegetarian tofu dishes and it was spectacular. Each of the members of our party enjoyed their entrees. Service was prompt and friendly. Portions were generous enough that we had some for our next day's lunch.
Indochine's decor is remarkable. Over the top is, in some circumstances, just right, and they've made it interesting. Entrees ranged from about 15-20 (2.5 $?).
Suggestion: The music is interesting, but hardly reflective of Vietnam, Thailand or Cambodia.
We enjoy coming here when in Wilmington.
Please note if you find this review helfpul.