“Great pie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brooklyn Pizza Co.

Brooklyn Pizza Co.
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“Great pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

You will not be disappointed with the pizza at Brooklyn Pizza Co. This restaurant is one of our favorite pizza places in Wilmington.

Visited August 2013

“Overall the best pizza in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Brooklyn Pizza is in the world of their own when it comes to a good slice of pizza,the best in this town. The pizza has consistently gotten better since I've been coming here for the last 10 years.

• Visited March 2014
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have been a customer for years. Good pizza but terrible service. I called to order delivery and was told it would be 30-45 minutes. After one hour waiting I called back and they said another 1 - 1 1/2 hours. The guy said I told you that when you called....no he didn't or I would not have ordered. He then said he had 40 orders and did I just want to cancel. He did not offer any apologies as I guess with 40 orders business is good and what was one upset customer. Good pizza but not that good to be treated like a number not a paying customer!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pizza1998, Owner at Brooklyn Pizza Co., responded to this review, December 27, 2013
So sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. Brooklyn Pizza Co. has been serving artisan pizzas and homemade sauces for the past 16 years to devoted customers in New Hanover, Pender and Brunswick Counties. We cherish our long-term relationships with customers! Please stop in the shop, ask for Anthony. We want to know what went wrong, and more importantly, how we can make it right!
Anthony L., Brooklyn Pizza Co.
“Who needs Brooklyn?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is really good pizza. Tastes like you think it should taste. Not too heavy but very flavorful. Very good crust. Have only done carry out. Ambiance at tables is just OK. Have to drive 20 minutes to get there, but worth it.

• Visited October 2013
The Southern USA
“Hands down, the best pizza I have ever had. EVER.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am picky when it comes to Italian food in general and pizza especially. Picky picky picky. I'm from the North, grew up in an Italian family in an Italian neighborhood in a primarily Italian city. I lived in NYC for about 6 years. I know what good pizza tastes like. I have had great pizza exactly twice in my life.

So when someone says, "you HAVE to try this pizza, OMG it's the best!" I have very low expectations.

Brooklyn Pizza is quite simply the best pizza I have ever had.

I don't like too-sweet tomato sauce. I know immediately if there's too much sugar in the sauce and it will ruin anything it's on. Brooklyn Pizza's sauce is not sweet. It's also not tinny, and it's very clear that it's homemade. Sauce is applied in just the right amount, and the cheese is fresh and salty. The crust is nice and crisp and usually piping hot, as we tend to eat in as opposed to carry-out or delivery. It's also not super-greasy the way some pizzas can be.

When it comes to the table, I can't eat it fast enough. I'm ashamed to say I'm a total piglet and would not give my own mother my last piece of Brooklyn Pizza, lol. I'll never know how it reheats the next day because I never have any left over!

We usually have a salad before our pizza comes and we split one between the two of us. The spinach salad with tomato and mozzarella is good, and I recently tried the Caesar and have found a new favorite. The dressing has got to be homemade and if it isn't, then I must know who makes it.

If you're craving pizza and the likes of Papa John's and Domino's make your stomach turn (as they should), try Brooklyn Pizza. There's a reason the phone's always ringing off the hook and the drivers are crisscrossing the area with 50 pies in their cars every night of the week.

• Visited September 2013