“Great stay in Wilmington!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

You added TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great stay in Wilmington!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I visit Wilmington at least once a year, and I've been looking for a hotel that I want to come back to, and finally I've found it! Townplace Suites is equidistant between downtown Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach, which is perfect because I like going to both.

The service is excellent and the staff are very friendly. Also, it's very clean and well-maintained. For some reason, a lot of nice hotel chains at the beach just always look dirty and kind of sketchy, but that's not the case here.

I loved having the kitchen, which included a fridge, stove, microwave, dishes, etc., and this is especially helpful if you're spending time at the beach and like bringing your own food. Additionally, breakfast is included, unlike a lot of places these days, and the other visitors I met were really nice as well.

This is where I will return next time I go to Wilmington!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hansheat, we are thrilled to hear that the Towneplace is your "go-to" hotel while in Wilmington. We do our very best to accommodate to all needs, from location to amenities. We are happy to help, host and be there for anything you need. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Staff extremely helpful and friendly. They always spoke and were eager to answer questions and help us in any way they could. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The complementary breakfast was way better than expected. The location in respect to downtown and the beach was perfect. I was really pleasantly surprised. Will definitely stay there again. The only thing I wish would have been better was the temperature of the indoor pool. It was a little chilly but not so bad that we didn't enjoy it. I would rate our stay an A+.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Sabrina, Thank you for your comments about the hotel and staff. It is honestly words like this that make what we do so worth it. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we would love to host you again soon!

Centennial, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very roomy hotel room. Small pool, nice breakfast, convenient location. Evening reception during the week, I believe (it was definitely there the Thursday night we arrived -- beer and pizza). Ten minutes to the beach.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
NYDub, I'm glad we were able to accommodate your needs during your trip. I hope you make us your destination when you make it back to Wilmington.

Rougemont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great location if your trying to split the drive from beach to downtown. Its near UNCW as well. The rooms were spacious, kitchen was sufficient, liked having a full refrigerator. TV is in a odd location, but given the room layout not sure where else it could have been placed. The outside area was very nice and they even had a gas fireplace in one section. The breakfast was better than most hotels of this nature, and they offered pancakes instead of the waffles so many others do. Staff were very friendly and very helpful to a pack house of guests. Would recommend it and would use it again when visiting the college and trying to see all the sights.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Wetracing, Thank you for your kind review! Location is very important when away on travel, so we pride ourselves in being so close to all you could need in Wilmington. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and hope to see you more in the future!

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had a reservation over the weekend. When we arrived, the front desk staff informed us that a computer glitch had canceled our reservation. The person at the desk then made calls immediately to find us a room (which was great), and the property's manager followed up swiftly by email to address any concerns. Terrific attentiveness and a nice property.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CDB203, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good word about our staff and property. Being in the hospitality business we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction. I cant wait till the next time we get to take care of you and yours.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My mom and I visited this hotel just a few days ago and had a fabulous experience! We had arrived to Wilmington very late at night and were unsure of where to stay. We found Towneplace on expedia for an unbeatable rate! This hotel is extremely clean and homey. It is also nice and secluded hidden behind some trees. The rooms are colorful and beautifully decorated. They also include a full size desk and kitchen! The kitchen was awesome and VERY convenient considering we love to cook! This hotel is an "extended stay" hotel and although we were only there for two nights, I wish it could have been longer! Will definitely recommend this hotel to others and hopefully will be returning!

• Stayed March 2014
Kbauer46, Thank you for your praise on our property. I am glad you enjoyed the room! If you like it now then look forward to next year, we will be making a few upgrades. I hope you consider us your temporary home when you come to Wilmington. Thank you again for such kind words.

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I moved to the Towne Place Suites when their neighboring hotel (Fairfield) did not work out (big glob of hair on the shower stall wall...). Anyways, I was looking for a room with a full kitchen, a bigger gym, and a homier/friendlier feel. I totally found it here at the TownePlace in Wilmington. Give Miss LIsa a big "shout out" since she was very kind and helped get me registered quickly before I headed out to class. The gym is fit into a double-sized room area and has two treadmills, an elliptical and a recumbent bike plus a full weight rack and a bench. There is a pool and jacuzzi in the next room. The hotel is a little more "worn", since it is a beach town and I'm sure families tend to stay here on vacation since they can cook their own dinners. However, it was still a very comfortable (dorm-like) experience. The halls are brightly lit, there are stores near-by, and again...VERY FRIENDLY PEOPLE. And housekeeping did a pretty good job of making sure the bathroom was clean (again, no hair on the shower wall like there was at Fairfield). This hotel could do with a little sprucing up (wash or replace stairwell carpets and spot-clean clean some of the couches in the rooms), but I would stay here again if in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

Address: 305 Eastwood Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Wilmington
#7 Business Hotel in Wilmington
#7 Family Hotel in Wilmington
#8 Romantic Hotel in Wilmington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wilmington
Wilmington Towneplace Suites

If you own or manage TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.