You added TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Culpeper, Virginia
“Good, not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the beach and local interests. Our room was clean and spacious. We stayed for 4 nights but it was difficult to get new towels or our room cleaned. We were out of the room most of the day but returned on two days and the room hadn't been touched yet. Staff is very courteous. We would stay there again largely due to the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greg G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello chris w,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for staying here with us in Wilmington and for providing us with your feedback. We always strive to provide the very best experience to our guests and overall it looks like we succeeded with you. I have taken your comments regarding housekeeping back to my team leaders and we will look for opportunities to improve in this area. We look forward seeing you again in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Greg Grigsby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am in the hotel as I write this complaint. When I was making reservations 3 months ago I specifically requested a room on a floor without pets. I checked into the hotel today and as soon as I got to the floor my room is on the first thing I hear is a dog howling like a wolf. I thought it was a mistake, went to the front desk to inform them that I had requested a floor without pets and the clerk told me that it wasn't a mistake that they had "run out of rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors (which are pet specific) and needed to assign guest rooms on the 4th floor". I requested another room on another floor and there was not one available. I told the clerk that I was concerned about howling, fleas and tics and the clerk told me that there have not been any pets in the room that I am in, I asked her how did she know and she had no answer. Can't get another hotel tonight and am not satisfied with the answer I received nor the service I am receiving.

Room Tip: Make reservations at another hotel if you are not a pet lover.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greg G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hello Michael B,

I am extremely sorry to hear that you had difficulty with your stay here with us in Wilmington. We are a pet friendly hotel and while we do our very best to make sure that this does not impact our guests that do not have pets, from time to time it can be a challenge based on occupancy. I would like to speak with you further regarding your concern. If you would please reach out to me at the hotel at your earliest convenience to discuss this.

Warmest Regards,

Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We loved our stay at Towneplace Suites. It was a great location with many stores nearby as well as the beach and downtown being somewhat close. It made a huge difference to be able to cook our own food when we wanted compared to stays at other hotels. The pool and hot tub was a great addition to the hotel. The free breakfast was also decent as well. Overall, it was a great experience and is highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Meredith3434,

Thank you for staying here with us in Wilmington, and for taking a few moments to provided such wonderful feedback. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, as well as which aspects made it so nice for you. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Arden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is in a convienent location and has large clean rooms and a wonderful, friendly, and helpful staff that did everything possible to help us with the bad situation Priceline put us in. We booked a room for 4 persons and apparently Priceline only books 2 persons to a room now, so they booked us a room with a queen bed. When we arrived the hotel was completly sold out and Priceline's customer service would not help us in any way! The staff at the hotel did every thing they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible, They had no roll away beds so they gave us lots of blankets and sheets and my daughter and grandson slept on the floor :( This room was nearly $400 for two nights! Priceline would not refund our money so we could try to find another room or as I mentioned would not help us in any way!

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hall on the second floor and it was large and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello dstarr10,

Thank you for taking a few moments to provide this review. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties as it relates to Priceline, but extremely happy to hear that our team did what they could to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with our team members. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel. Thank you again.

Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had a great stay and experience at the town suites. Really good complimentary breakfast, grill and only 10 mins from the beach about 15 min from downtown Wilmington and 10 min from trader joes.. Everything you need in a kitchen , staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice and clean.. The pool is a bit smal but they do have a jacuzzi. I thought for the price it was really good. I would stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at this location this week for 3 nights/4days and I was very pleased. Customer service was very good. We were exactly 5 miles from the beach and surrounded by shops, restaurants, and places to take the kids. It was also great that the front desk had daily events posted so you could see what was going on for the day and provided detail driving directions to each place. I enjoyed my stay but didn't give them a 5 because the pool was much smaller than shown online so my kids didn't get to play in it long because it was crowded and although the breakfast is free they could do a little better. The eggs had no taste at all and the pancake maker was out of service. The area where they keep the food is a very small corridor and in the mornings it was very congested so we only experienced it the first morning there and was so displeased just ate at the nearby IHOP the remaining of the time. But it is free, so it is what it is. Parking lot is small and last night we came back and there was absolutely no place to park and it wasnt very late. We were told to park in the neighboring hotel parking lot. I had my 2 small children and bags from shopping, was not happy about that at all.

Our room was clean and the kitchen is a great bonus for extended stay. Price was reasonable and the pictures online of the lobby and rooms are exactly what you get. Certainly will recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greg G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hello Shareese,

I would like to thank you for staying here with us in Wilmington, and for taking the time to provide a great and detailed review of your stay. I am very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your time here with us. At times is it definitely a challege during our busy periods to provide that perfect experience for everyone, but it is feedback such as yours that helps us to work towards that goal...for that I thank you. Please visit us again on your next trip to Wilmington and we look forward to seeing you then.

Tempe, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've stayed at Townplace twice now, both for long periods (two weeks, one month). The front desk folks couldn't be nicer or more helpful. All is very professional and modern. The rooms are small but they have everything you could possibly need and are very neatly organized. Rooms are clean and appointed with modern furniture and color. What else can I say? It's great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello suecag,

Thank you for staying here with us in Wilmington and for provide such a great review. I have shared your comments with our team members and we look forward to a future visit from you again. Please let us know if you need any assistance with reservations the next time you are in town.

Greg Grigsby

Been to TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

Address: 305 Eastwood Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Wilmington
#7 Business Hotel in Wilmington
#10 Romantic Hotel in Wilmington
#11 Family Hotel in Wilmington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wilmington
Wilmington Towneplace Suites

If you own or manage TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.