“I would stay again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

You added TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“I would stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at this location this week for 3 nights/4days and I was very pleased. Customer service was very good. We were exactly 5 miles from the beach and surrounded by shops, restaurants, and places to take the kids. It was also great that the front desk had daily events posted so you could see what was going on for the day and provided detail driving directions to each place. I enjoyed my stay but didn't give them a 5 because the pool was much smaller than shown online so my kids didn't get to play in it long because it was crowded and although the breakfast is free they could do a little better. The eggs had no taste at all and the pancake maker was out of service. The area where they keep the food is a very small corridor and in the mornings it was very congested so we only experienced it the first morning there and was so displeased just ate at the nearby IHOP the remaining of the time. But it is free, so it is what it is. Parking lot is small and last night we came back and there was absolutely no place to park and it wasnt very late. We were told to park in the neighboring hotel parking lot. I had my 2 small children and bags from shopping, was not happy about that at all.

Our room was clean and the kitchen is a great bonus for extended stay. Price was reasonable and the pictures online of the lobby and rooms are exactly what you get. Certainly will recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greg G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hello Shareese,

I would like to thank you for staying here with us in Wilmington, and for taking the time to provide a great and detailed review of your stay. I am very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your time here with us. At times is it definitely a challege during our busy periods to provide that perfect experience for everyone, but it is feedback such as yours that helps us to work towards that goal...for that I thank you. Please visit us again on your next trip to Wilmington and we look forward to seeing you then.

Greg Grigsby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Tempe, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've stayed at Townplace twice now, both for long periods (two weeks, one month). The front desk folks couldn't be nicer or more helpful. All is very professional and modern. The rooms are small but they have everything you could possibly need and are very neatly organized. Rooms are clean and appointed with modern furniture and color. What else can I say? It's great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello suecag,

Thank you for staying here with us in Wilmington and for provide such a great review. I have shared your comments with our team members and we look forward to a future visit from you again. Please let us know if you need any assistance with reservations the next time you are in town.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been traveling to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area for 6 years. I would like to highly recommend the TownePlace Suites at 305 Eastwood Road in Wilmington! I have found that it is the people who make the difference. The staff at this location is wonderful. The room that I stayed in was clean and well taken care of. It is the staff that truly makes this an exceptional place to stay!
Over the years, I have stayed at other establishments in the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area ...other places that I would never recommend! I feel that the TownePlace Suites is the PERFECT place to stay when visiting this area!

Room Tip: I had a room that was on the second floor and when you looked out of the window, your view was the b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello menbx5,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review, and for staying here with us in Wilmington. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to have you stay here with us again in the future.

Raeford, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently being moved to the wilmington area this hotel has went over and beyond the customer service. Greg the general manager is awesome and works great with you. i switched rooms twice and he didnt hound me about it at all. He even moved my things for me so that i could be at work. also had a package del there and the staff put it in my room for me. The rooms are great and cleaned every day on the regular. i could not ask for a better staff to have incountered. Keep it up Greg and staff. you guys are awesome.

Room Tip: might sound wierd but go for the rooms behind the elevator larger in space
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Gary W,

Thank you for the great review and for continuing to stay with us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do during your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I didn't even need to hunt for a restaurant. Grabbed a candy bar from their canteen and charged it to the room and three free milks for breakfast as u ran out in the morning.

Only think lacking was a little bit better free Internet access; I got bumbed off periodically during data transfers.

All-in-all: a great stay at a great convienent location.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Weorthan,

Thank you for the great review and for staying here with us in Wilmington. We're very please to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make you feel welcome. I have shared your comments with our team members. I'm also happy to let you know that we are currently in the process of replacing and upgrading our entire internet system. We hope to have this complete in the near future and look forward to having you with us again soon.

Clinton, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I checked out of the Towne Place Suites after a two night stay. We originally had a reservation for 4 nights (June 9-12) . At 10:00 AM this morning a manager knocked on our door asking us to keep the noise down because someone complained. The only noise in our room was the television. He was lucky that my husband answered the door, he is a nice guy. We listen to a baby cry for two days and did not complain. This is a relatively new hotel but very poorly designed and furniture already worn. If you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary or have children do not stay at this hotel, the walls are thin and you will have no privacy, know what I mean... Complementary breakfast ends at 9AM (ridiculous). The indoor pool is very, very small. We just checked into the Hilton Garden Inn (Mayfaire Town Center), and it is very nice. The Towne Place can not compete with the Hilton Garden.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Tonya T,

Thank you for staying with us here in Wilmington and for providing us with your concerns. We strive to provide the best experience for all of our guests and rely on all feedback to assist us in doing this. It is clear that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay and for that I sincerely apologize. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we may discuss your stay further. Thank you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a fine hotel. Nice people. The staff was so friendly and catered to my every need. Sometimes you go to a hotel and its only ok, but these guys will treat you with a great respect and pleasure to have you there.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Jzatts,

I would like to thank you for staying with us here in Wilmington as well as the great review. We're very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Greg Grigsby

Been to TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach

Address: 305 Eastwood Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Wilmington
#7 Business Hotel in Wilmington
#10 Romantic Hotel in Wilmington
#12 Family Hotel in Wilmington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wilmington
Wilmington Towneplace Suites

If you own or manage TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.