“Excellent Hotel and Freindly Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach

You added Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel and Freindly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

This hotel has the best staff with Kenny, Barbara, Jessica, Jennifer and Amanda working the front desk. This front staff makes you feel as a family member when you check in and are quick to help a guest in any manner. Steve, GM, is alway's out on the floor insuring you are happy and just making small talk. This hotel is highly recommend to a business traveler and or family vacation. I have taken my family here and they love the cleaniless and the hospitality of everyone at the hotel. Try this hotel-You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
ILMCY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Thanks for the great review! We all appreciate the opportunity to earn your (repeat) business and look forward to showing-off our new sleeping rooms in 2011 to go along with our exciting new lobby and meeting space.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Four Oaks, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

The staff always welcomes me and is excellent to work with. Jessica, Kenny, John, David and Barbara at the front desk always looks after me and they all deserve recognition (I am sure there are others). I do not remember the lady's name that normally works in the resturant (she was out sick the week in December I was there) but she is always friendly and helpful and sees that I get excellent service. She also deserves recognition (she had a baby earlier this year; if that helps target her).

Now for the dislike; and there is really only one: I do not like the new resturant format. The food service is limited and they took away the varity that was there with the buffet and the old menue. Being in the south, I cannot believe they discontinued grits (and the ones at the hotel were very good). I have discussed the changes in food service with the young lady that normally works there and she said the Courthyard at Carolina Beach even went back to the old format; so it does not sound like I am alone. My colluges that work with me do not like the new format either. Eventhough breakfast is included in the room rate; I go somewhere else many times and pay for another breakfast. If they can readjust the rate and do away with the breakfast, that would be a plus; if they leave the resturant format as it is now.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
ILMCY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Thank you for the honest feedback. The staff appreciates your kind words.

As far as your concerns with the new Starbucks / Bistro breakfast concept, we're sorry you are not pleased with the offerings. The new "Refreshing Business" lobby concept featuring The Bistro, is mandated by Marriott. This concept is being rolled-out nationwide. We really have no control over this. If another Courtyard has "gone back" to their old ways, this is a Marriott issue that is out of our control. Guest feedback has been overwhelmingly positive regarding The Bistro featuring Starbucks products.

We appreciate your business and honest feedback. See you soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

This location was in a great spot - restaurants, business, beach. The room was always clean and comfortable with no surprises.
The staff always provided exceptional service in a friendly manner.
The new lobby food bar was a pleasant surprise with good food at a good price - breakfast and dinner.
I made more than one dozen week long business trips and could have stayed anywhere but chose the Courtyard.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
ILMCY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
Thank you for the positive review of your recents visits. The entire staff appreciates your feedback. We too enjoy our new "Refreshing Business" lobby featuring Starbucks Bistro and full service restaurant / lounge in the evening. We look forward to having you stay with us soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I had a large group of rollergirls traveling this weekend. We all arrived at the hotel at different days and times and check in was a breeze. Jennifer and Kenny at the front desk were awesome and gave great customer service. I love my group sales associates Chris and Laurie they were great setting the group up they really made it easy for me. The hotel was beautiful love the computer access in the lobby and the cafe and free coffee. The location was convient to good resturaunts in the area that you could walk to. Thanks for a great stay !

• Stayed December 2010
ILMCY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2010
We enjoyed having your group stay with us. Thank you for recognizing a few of our excellent associates. We appreciate the terrific feedback. Come back anytime!
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

Very clean and friendly hotel, lobby area for breakfast was first class. Appeared to be recently updated with flat screen tv's.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
ILMCY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Thank you for the positive review of your recent stay. The staff appreciates your feedback about our excellent service. Glad you like our new lobby Bistro, featuring Starbucks. We hope to see you back soon! Happy Holiday's!
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I recently found myself in Wilminton, NC to attend a family funeral, clearly a very sad time. After helping with making the necessary "arrangements" and a very long and depressing day, I returned to the Courtyard and was exhausted and pretty bummed out. I stopped in the Bistro and felt like an old friend was waiting for me. The Bistro Associate, Brigette Rouley, was so warm and comforting, and soon we were chatting like sisters! She made me a perfect meal, and served up some nice wine, and by the time I drifted off to sleep that night I knew that I wouldn't only be taking sad memories home, but also a new faith in just how kind people can be. Thank you for making a trying time much easier, you all do a great job there!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
ILMCY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
First of all, we're very sorry for your loss. Your feedback from your recent stay has touched all of us. It was our pleasure to help you during a very sad time in your life. Please know that you always have a home away from home in Wilmington at the Courtyard.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I will start off with the good, that will be short.

PRO:
Staff was nice.
Location was easy to find off of I40

CON:
Room was a little small for the price.
No microwave or Fridge in the room, I have seen 1 star places with this.
No breakfast. Not even a bagle and some juice. They wanted $9 per person for what others include.
Pool was outside and of course not heated.
Bad smell, like mold?
Just overpriced and NOT a 3star. 2 star is being nice,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
ILMCY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Thank you for the honest feedback. We appreciate it. Regarding your question of our 3 Star rating; AAA has very strict standards for grading hotels. We far exceed their standards for a 3 Star rating.

I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your sleeping room. All 128 rooms will be totally renovated begining next month. Many new Marriott features will be incorporated into the design. By early spring 2011, we will have new sleeping rooms to match our fantastic new lobby / public space and meeting rooms.

Our new lobby featuring the Starbucks Bistro is a Marriott standard for all new and renovated Courtyard properties. Courtyard brand standards do not allow us to give away free breakfast.

As for our renovated outdoor space...I'm sorry you were disappointed that our pool is not heated. The whirlpool is! You'll be hard-pressed to find a heated outdoor pool in Wilmington. Most are not heated.

We hope you give us another try next time you're passing through Wilmington.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!