You added Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Needs work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This Courtyard needs attention. This is the second time we have stayed here. The carpets always look like they need to be cleaned. My husband is a Platinum member and we were given a first floor room, right by TWO outside doors. When we opened the cabinet door to use the fridge, there was a terrible smell, I'm not sure if it was coming from the fridge or something else in the cabinet. We had already gotten ready for bed and I didn't want to get dressed to change rooms, so we did not use the fridge. Also, the desk chair had several stains on it. We didn't sit on it without covering with a towel. The mattress was not comfortable, it felt very old and tired.
The staff has always been very friendly, no problem with them.

Room Tip: Not the first floor by the doors.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear ellajwade, thank you for the kind words about our friendly staff. We appreciate you recognizing their efforts. You have our attention with your honest feedback from your recent stays with us. We’re sorry that we have not exceeded your expectations during your past two stays. I can assure you that our carpet is professionally cleaned on a regular basis and that the mattresses are only two years old. Mattress comfort is a tricky subject. What is great for one guest is not for another. It is very subjective although most of our guests speak highly of our beds. The other issues specific to your room, have been addressed. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. Next time travel brings you back to Wilmington, we hope to earn-back your trust. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We arrived in the evening during a very rare ice/snow storm. The next morning the there was no movement of any kind in the city as they do not have any snow fighting equipment. While we were stranded in the hotel, waiting for the snow/ice to melt so we could go on about our business, Joe, Brenda and the rest of the staff made our stay very comfortable. They got us food and drinks when the Bistro was closed, and housekeeping staff kept us in clean towels and supplies. I stay at this hotel 4-5 times a year and have not considered staying anywhere else in the area. Thanks for your courtesy and professionalism.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Tony F we’re sorry that you were stranded at our Courtyard Wilmington during our snow/ice storm this week. Coming from New Hampshire, it must have been rather ordinary for you but as you experienced first-hand, the city has very little means to deal with snow and especially ice. Thank you for your patience during the storm and for sharing your guest experience with the TA community. Joe and Brenda appreciate the shout-out. We always appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us next time business brings you back to Wilmington. Safe travels!
Morehead City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was greeted by Joe at the front desk with a pleasant smile and a warm good morning. I arrived earlier than the stated check in time in hopes of getting into a room to work on a presentation. Joe was more than accomodating and got me in right away and informed me of all of the hotel ammeneties. He is an asset to your property and I am thankful for the excellent service.

Room Tip: I was informed that the rooms overlooking the courtyard were quiet and pleasant and I found that to...
Green Features: I like the option of using the towels more than once. I am perfectly comfortable doing this.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you Devin B. for the nice review of your recent stay at our Courtyard Wilmington hotel. It was our pleasure to earn your business. Joe does a nice job of ensuring that our guests are taken care of. We appreciate you recognizing his efforts. We hope that you choose to stay with us again. Happy New Year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here last week and it was the experience I've had out of the 20+ times I've visited Wilmington! The room was very clean, the staff was very courteous and the location was safe. Also, I stayed in Room 280 and the housekeeping service was OUTSTANDING!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you Sdwslater for the outstanding review of your recent stay at our Courtyard Wilmington hotel. We appreciate you sharing your guest experience with the entire Tripadvisor community. Your kind words about our staff, hotel and location mean a great deal to us. Thank you! Next time travel brings you our way, we hope that we have earned your business. Happy New Year!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights the week of the 16th, while staying at this hotel (which I recommend highly to others, it's mid center of Wilmington and convenient to almost anywhere) a young man working the bistro gave me excellent service and I just wanted to take a moment and acknowledge him. I believe his name was Jessie. He was very professional, courteous and fast. The food he cooked was also delicious. If this young man is working any night, someone else may be staying, I highly recommend you stop by the bistro for some good food and great service. Thank you Jessie.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you S_North21 for the fantastic feedback from your recent stay at our Courtyard Wilmington hotel. We also enjoy our convenient mid-town location. It affords all that Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach has to offer either for leisure or business travel. And thank you for recognizing the customer-focused effort of Jessie. He does a nice job at the Bistro or at the front desk. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you sharing your guest experience with the rest of the Tripadvisor community. Come back and see us again! Happy New Year!
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Hello, this is in ref. to my stay @ the Courtyard. Worked all day,drove & was extremely tired. Checked in to the courtyard & was greeted with Anastasiya. She was a beautiful young lady,and so,so helpful. Dotted on me,I believe she knew how tired I was. She was so through with her job,she made my stay.She went above & beyond her job description.She accomidatied me to which she did everything but tucked me in. I will remember this sweet girl. You don't see this much today. I believe she enjoys her job,and is really a people person. I hope this review gets to the gm.John Groseclose,for he needs to know he did a great job in hiring Anastasiya . When I travel to Wilmington I look forward to staying @ the courtyard. Joann Mastrocesare email jojo-mast651@ Hotmail.com

Room Tip: Rooms have doors leading to outside courtyard. You don't feel confined.So comforting.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you joann m for the very nice review of your recent stay at our Courtyard Wilmington. We appreciate it when our guests share their guest experience with everyone. Anastasia is a wonderful ambassador for our hotel and embodies the spirit of our team. Thank you for recognizing her efforts. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Safe travels!
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Used my AAA discount and booked the room for $89. Great price for a Courtyard by Marriott! As always the bistro was outstanding with Starbucks coffee and a yummy breakfast sandwich. Comfortable bedding and pillows, clean room, clean bathroom, and nice sitting area in my King room. Room had a coffee maker and small fridge to help keep my bottled water cold. Several nice sitting areas in the hotel to relax and work. Great courtyard for sitting outdoors and relaxing during the evening. Located near several restaurants and shopping. Nice fitness center with free weights, work bench, and commercial grade cardio equipment. I will keep this on my favorites list for my next business trip to Wilmington.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you David A. for sharing your outstanding guest experience of your stay at our Courtyard Wilmington. We’re so pleased that you had a great visit. There’s not much I can add to your review other than next time if you’re looking for a bit more of a workout, we do provide complimentary day passes to the nearby state-of-the-art Gold’s Gym. We like to be on the “Favorites List” of our guests. Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!