You added Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Not for Me!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed at the Extended Stay America for two weeks. The Entrance/Exit was not visible from the road and easy to miss. The signage was minimal was hidden by brush, there was only one way in and out which was a bit confusing. The smell of cigarette smoke at the front entrance was horrible and the staff smoke right at the front door. They accept pets, but no doggie bags for waste. With the pet fee you pay, you would think they would toss in a few bags for your stay.

As I arrived at my room the door was open by the flip out bar to the room. That was odd? The room was a nice size and was clean to the eye, except the floor which had stains, the wood floors where nasty when wiped up with a rag, and some of the dishes were not cleaned. The bed was comfortable. The TV had no Showtime as stated, but they still give you a guide. My second room, the phone didn’t work.

After my first week I received 2 calls and a knock at the door to confirm by check out date which I was told I had to be out the next morning. Was told they were booked and didn’t even get the curious of getting another room or helping me with this issue. There was a communication error on my company end and also when I checked in as the person behind the counter never confirmed the number of nights. I had to move rooms, which luckily was across the pervious room.

Morning breakfast was simple and a nice treat as often these hotels don’t have any items for guest. There was no business center at this hotel. The internet worked great until storms knocked it out for a day. There were picnic tables outside that seem to have people hang out all night long smoking and drinking which was uneasy since it was right out my window.

Most of the staff were very nice and friendly. The clerk that I dealt with when checking in must have been new as it took over 30 mins to check in and was not too friendly every time I walked by during my stay. Also being on a personal cell phone call and trying to talk to a guest is rude. And the day before I was to check out I made a comment if I needed to stop by the counter, I was told no and then right when I got to my room the phone rang to ask if we were checking out the next day. Did I miss something? The vending machine had detergent soap along with food items in it.

Overall it was ok but not my choice for hotels as it lacks amenities. Will not return.

Room Tip: 3rd floor are for smokers!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
columbus, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

After an 11-hour drive from Ohio, I was welcomed by Cassandra at Extended Stay America. She was friendly and pleasant. We were talking about something when all of the sudden a family came in with a screaming, tired baby. I looked at Cassandra and said, "Please tell me I am not near any noise like that!" She checked to make sure I wasn't.
An hour after I left the following morning, I realized I left an expensive pillow behind. I called the front desk and Crystal assured me that the cleaning staff would send it down to the front desk. When I got there 3 hours later, Cassandra handed me my pillow with a smile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had an unexpected hospitalization of a family member that required me to detour to Wilmington. I was on my way back home from vacation when I got the call. I had two large dogs and a teenager in tow. The staff went out of their way to get me into their facility for two days even though it was the Fourth of July holiday. Can't say enough good things about the staff. They were friendly, helpful, accommodating and supportive.
The facility itself was good/ average. The room was clean. The bathroom in good condition and functional but not fancy. Beds were comfortable. Big thing for me was they were pet friendly. That gave me a safe air-conditioned place to leave the dogs while we were at the hospital.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting Wrightsville Beach in June 2013. I was pleased. The only negative aspect was that the stairwells smelled like cigarette smoke. Unless you plan on hanging out in the stairwells for an extended period of time, it wasn't a huge deal. The staff was friendly. They didn't provide extra toilet paper in the bathrooms. You had to call the front desk and request it which was odd. I assumed they'd provide a couple spare rolls. The bed wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but it wasn't so bad you couldn't sleep. The grab and go breakfast was lackluster. Since small kitchens are provided in each room, I understand why they wouldn't provide a huge selection. The wi-fi was slow. Unless you're doing business, it's not something that's a huge burden. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. It was worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

TJ Raleigh NC

Stayed in over the memorial day weekend, the entrance was terrible and filthy, the check in process was OK as staff was just interested in checking in the guest as to no interaction at all.
The room was clean and comfortable and the sheets were clean also.
Above all will not be my first choice going back but its definitely on the list

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at Extended Stay May 15-19, 2013 and couldn't be more pleased. At check-in, the desk attendant (Lorna? Lorraine? I am so sorry I can't remember your name) was very friendly and informative. As we were new to the region, she recommended Hieronymous for a great dinner (it was excellent! What a find!). Our Extended Stay room was clean and our room had a kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, dishes, silver, some pans, a stove, sink and microwave. Even a coffee maker. I recommend that you take your own dish soap, bath soap and shampoo. Really, this should be considered like renting a studio apartment, as daily maid service is not provided. However, the staff will replace any dirty towels at the desk. Since we expected this to be like renting a studio, we were delighted with everything. The hotel is convenient to eating establishments and stores. Really, everything you need is within walking distance. More importantly, it was quiet! I definitely will stay there on our next dive trip to Wilmington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My sister and I stayed here while visiting the Wilimington area, and we were very pleased with the place. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the price was excellent, and our room was quite nice. We loved the convenience of having a kitchenette, which saved us a ton of money by allowing us to eat our breakfasts and dinners in, and buy only our lunches while we were out roaming the area. There is a Wal Mart just behind the property, so groceries were easy to get at a great price. The hotel does not supply housekeeping services, but we were quite capable of cleaning up after ourselves, so no worries there. The location was also convenient to area attractions; we spent one day wandering the Wilmington River Walk area and touring the USS North Carolina, and another day visiting Carolina Beach, Fort Fisher, and the aquarium. The kitchen was well supplied, though we did end up having to provide our own cooking utensils and a strainer for draining spaghetti noodles. Other items you might want to consider bringing if you'll be cooking in include paper towels, containers for storing leftovers, and an ice chest to take perishables home with you after your visit. The internet connection was very good, and the room had tons of electrical outlets everywhere, which we loved! There are no hairdryers or toiletires provided, so be sure to bring your own. The only thing we didn't like about our room was that it had an unpleasant odor to it, but we conquered that with the use of a cheap scented candle from Wal Mart. Overall, we loved our experience, and we will definitely be back next year! Thanks, Extended Stay!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive? Share your experiences!