“Shocking!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Apex, North Carolina
“Shocking!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The most upsetting thing about my stay here were there were two electrical plate covers missing behind the bed. My first night there I decided I was going to work on my laptop while sitting on the bed and discovered both outlets were hanging out of the wall. To make matters worse, the sheets would not stay on the bed so the whole week-end I slept on half of a uncovered mattress. Pillows were like little balled up cotton balls. When we reported our disatisfaction at the time of checkout we were basically told we should have reported the problems during the stay and it was too late to have anything done about it.

Apparently Quality Inn has to be given the option of sending a maintenance crew to your room at 9:30 AT NIGHT to put outlet covers on! I don't feel I should have to be inconvenienced while I'm trying to rest ON VACATION in order for maintenance to do something that should have BEEN DONE BEFORE I EVEN GOT THERE. My mistake is I should have callled the fire marshall because complaining to the GM, Dipesh Surati was no better. Mr. Surati basically told us unless it is dirty linen you can't receive any type of compensation or reimbursement. So being in a room with exposed electrical wires, a serious FIRE HAZARD, is not half as important as dirty linen. Once you checkout and have been paid it's a done deal, they don't care if you were happy with your stay or not. I guess only slight electrocution with a doctor bill would have gotten their attention after the fact.

My advice to anyone staying here or any other Choice Hotels is check your room throughly before you even unpack and let someone know immediately if something looks odd. Otherwise, you will be out of your money with no recourse.

Room Tip: Not sure what to advise. There were a couple of junk trucks that looked like they hadn't been mo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Newton, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Would not reccommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel is not well kept. The maintence was ignored for the rooms. The room had burnt out lights, tv was broken, and the room seemed dirty. I got to listen to workers talk about selling crack outside my window and then was kept up all night by screaming guests. The hotel claimed to have security however i never saw any. Pay more stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Pay the extra get your sleep and stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Longs, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Extremely polite/helpful staff, grounds well taken care of. Problem with the AC; taken care of immediately. Azalea Festival was happening and many other things going on. Breakfast was hot and tasty; breakfast room was crowded, but that was to be expected. Front Desk very courteous. We go to Wilmington about every three months and this is our place to stay. Pool is open now!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Outer Banks, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night while traveling on business. The property has been recently updated with a good external appearance and nice landscaping.

My room was as expected. The carpet appeared clean and fairly new. The bed was comfortable and clean. The room furniture had some wear on it and looked like it had seen some rough treatment but it was functional and nice enough.

The hotel has a nice continental breakfast (standard items) and a well decorated lobby that was also clean. Front desk staff called me by name and were friendly. I was very pleased with my stay.

A local colleague warned me about this part of town and told me of some crime that had recently occurred at another hotel nearby. I did not experience any problems and would stay here again based on the competitive price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

It is a crap shoot when you stop at a Quality Inn. Sometimes everything is wonderful. Sometimes horrible. This was one of the best Quality Inns. The eating area was obviously newly remodeled with a beautiful tile in the back and a wide selection of food. The rooms were a little small, but the price was good and everything was nicely decorated.

The had wooden terraces that were obviously new. Although it was too overcast to use them on the day I went, I thought it made the entire property look a little more updated and attractive. Excellent hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

I would never have thought this was a 2.5 star hotel. It is an older building with cramped rooms and a poor breakfast. There was no effort to keep the breakfast items topped up during the busy period, so I ended up eating my oatmeal with a fork (no spoons left) and my husband had to go without coffee, as it had all run out.

• Stayed March 2012
Burlington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for two nights this past weekend while in town for a marathon expo. Although the hotel is a little older, they are doing some renovations. The room itself was a little small, but had nice updates. The breakfast area was nice, and the breakfast was good. The best part was the staff...everyone was extremely nice and helpful. Everyone spoke to us, asking how the stay was, if there was anything we needed. Definitely one of the nicest staff we've ever encountered while staying in hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Wilmington? Share your experiences!