“Satisfied in the end” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Satisfied in the end”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed at the Quality Inn for my 1 day business trip. The room was clean and A/C worked well. Check in was quick and correct. Did some paperwork in the room and then went out for dinner, I came back an hour and a half later and my key would no longer work. After a trip to the office, maintenance came up about 10 minutes later and found out that the key reader in the door no longer worked. I finally got into my room about 50 minutes later. I want to thank employees Maria, Bill and James for hearing me 'vent' about the problem but thank them for fixing something that was not in their control. In the end, I was satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Laurinburg, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The room had an odor, the toliet had a problem, when maint. tried to repair it that didnt work, just a very unpleasant stay, WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had been looking for a hotel closer to the riverfront for a concert we wanted to attend, but those hotels were either fully booked or out of our price range. We opted for the Quality Inn because of its central location (had thought about the beach before the weather rolled in), being able to get rooms next to each other, and a good AAA rate.

Check-in and check-out were very efficiently done and the front desk people were helpful and pleasant throughout our stay.

Our rooms were satisfactory, though the king-bed room was a little musty-smelling when we first entered. Everything was working and there was an outlet group next to the desk that would satisfy any tech-head with multiple computer accessories needing charging. When we first tried to access the free wi-fi, it wasn't working; my husband contacted the front desk and they rebooted the system and we had no trouble after that. Microwaves and refrigerators seem to be standard in the rooms as well.

The breakfast buffet is about what one would expect from this level of hotel: cereals, breads, beverages and such. They did have packaged foods and a microwave for them, like hard-boiled eggs and sausage biscuits, as well as a waffle station. The staff was very attentive in keeping foods stocked. The one downside to the breakfast is that there is only seating room for about 25 people inside - the second morning we timed it poorly and had to take our food to the seating area outside and contend with flies and yellow jackets as we ate. If your schedule is flexible, ask the front desk when there is a lull in demand so you can enjoy your meal without crowds.

There is a pool on the premises, though we didn't have the opportunity to use it.

All in all, if you are looking to save a little money on your hotel bill for a vacation in Wilmington, this is not a bad choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We booked this room on a whim to stay in Wilmington after leaving Myrtle Beach. The room was very clean, smelled nice and they staff was extremely nice! We will definitely stay here again if we visit Wilmington again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

My first room I was placed in was ok, except for the dirty carpet. I asked for another room and immedialely the front desk clerk apologized and gave me an upgraded room. They had great hot and cold buffet breakfast and my stay was great. It was a wknd getaway for me and
I enjoyed the staff and room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Sylva, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Hotel was very nice and afforfable in price. Front staff and housekeeping were wonderful in assisting with any need you may have. The breakfast was great! It offered a variety of items to choose from to fit anyone's taste. It was nice to have options of hot or cold foods for breakfast. Only complaint was that the bed was abit uncomfortable for the adults, but the kids slept like babies. I would recomend this hotel to others and come back and stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have stayed at this Quality Inn quite a few times and I must say that I consistently receive warm hospitality, clean rooms, and comfortable accommodations. Don't let the outside look of the hotel mislead you. The rooms are clean and up to date and the price is just right. A job well done to the Quality Inn's housekeeping staff. They keep the rooms spotless, even with exterior corridors. The staff are friendly and they know the area well. The breakfast has a couple of hot items along with the normal breakfast fare. They even have coffee, tea, and cookies in the evening. Its always nice when a hotel goes above and beyond for your business. There are micro-fridges and coffee makers in the rooms. The pool is always kept up. There is even a grill here so you can cook out during your stay! I will be back again very soon!

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side