“Would not stay again.” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3604 Market St., Wilmington, NC 28403   |
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
“Would not stay again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I had very many things wrong with my room, the smell was interesting to say the least and hair dryer didn't work, a/c was very loud and so was the toilet that kept randomly running, also the bed to myself and my husband and 2 other friends who had a different room was very uncomfortable. After writing a review the owner (?) flagged it and said it was not true i guess it was that I said I saw a bed bug. I guess I can not say for sure because I am not a professional but all I know is that a small bug was on my clothes on the bed in the morning. i never ended up wearing these clothes out so they never left the room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Smithfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

wonderfully priced,clean room VERY CLEAN BATHROOM.....staff very friendly and helpful.....we had one problem with noisy people on our hall at 2 am but only for a minute cause staff handled it quickly with out me ever calling them and it was quite for the rest of the night.....we had a wonderful stay and will stay again.....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Raeford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The staff are just great very very nice. It was the cleanest place I have stayed in a long time. It smelled so clean all the the time and the rooms very so clean you could eat off the floors. The bathroom was just awesome I loved it great showers and all. The beds sleep so good there and they have the best sheets and blankets. This was my first time staying at a Super 8 but they will be my first choice where ever I go now. I just want to thank them for such a great time it was my sons wedding and we appreciated the kindness. Thank you all Shirley Nash

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Calabash, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have eber stayed in! Management was a joke, the room was filthy,the 1st floor was full of smell and mildew and felt damp and gross. I did check for bed bugs but I swear I itched all night anyway. If you are in the are at night the people hanging around outside are shady and criminal like. I was very nervous about coming in at night. I would have felt safer in my car and would have preferred to stay somewhere else but they had my credit card number and I know they would have charged me if I had refused the room. Pass this super 8 and don't look back. Really gross!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011 via mobile

Honestly I have never been so disappointed in a hotel before. Management refused to acknowledge that my room was completely disgusting...we are talking stains and hairs people. I've stayed in basic hotels before but this one is unbearable mainly because of the management's refusal to provide quality service. Only plus is the location...stay across the street...not here.

• Stayed April 2011
WilmingtonNcGem, Manager at Super 8 Wilmington, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
All our rooms are cleaned and inspected to a high level. we are deeply sorry if the rooms did not meet your standards. As to speaking to the manager, we would have been happy to re clean your room the same day if you had reported it during your stay or would have been happy to removed you. Unfortunately, reporting the problem at checkout does not give me the opportunity to fix it. Once again let me thank you for bringing this to my attention and I would once again like to reassure you that our rooms are of a very high standard
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Stayed there for one night with a great rate. You get what you pay for. The hotel is a little shabby and needs updating. Breakfast bar was just coffee and cereal. Many other better options in the same area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We wanted a one night budget spot--at 90.00 it was the cheapest for Labor Day Weekend...but...
glad we took our own sheets. White drippings on 2 pieces of furniture (??) Non-smoking floor stunk like cigarettes in the hallway. AC worked, bathroom was updated, bed was comfy, room was quiet...just a little unsure of how clean the comforter & chairs were, so removed comforter & covered with own sheets. If you are ok with that & no frills, then it's the spot for you.

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Super 8 Wilmington? Share your experiences!