“Nice hotel just off the island at Wrightsville Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 43 hotels in Wilmington
Greenville, SC
“Nice hotel just off the island at Wrightsville Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Landfall last weekend. I stay in a lot of Hampton Inns and this one is by far the nicest one I have been to as far as the lobby, pool area and landscaping. It really is a very nice Hampton Inn. The rooms look just like standard Hampton Inns I've stayed in - clean, comfortable and spacious, but the lobby is nicly decorated and has a bar and dining area. The pool is well landscaped and has a "Tiki Hut" type bar. And, the overall landscaping of the property looks like a much more expensive hotel than a Hampton Inn. The location is excellent - just off the island that is Wrightsville Beach and across from Lumina Station with a Harris-Teeter grocery store, West Marine, restaurants, shopping and night-life. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a junior suite. These rooms have a 2nd sitting room area with a sofa and a full size kitche...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel grounds and amenities and would love to have you back as soon as possible. It really means a lot to my team and me to hear that our guests enjoy their time spent with us. We will be happy to serve as your home away from home anyway you are travelling this way. Thank you again!

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel lobby is beautiful and the pool is one of the best I've seen. All of the staff was very professional and Ryan was simply amazing! He provided us with great recommendations for area attractions and set the bar for Hamptonality. He's definitely a keeper.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and our team. We think all of our team members are one of a kind and Ryan is just one of many that really goes above and beyond to show he cares. I will pass along your comments to my upper management as well as Ryan himself. I hope you will continue to stay at our property whenever you come to Wilmington. Thank you again!
Raleigh, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

There was smashed food and/or vomit between the bed and the nightstand. We were already in PJs when we discovered this problem. We had to pack all of our stuff and move to another room. All we got was a very cheap bottle of wine from the staff. Other than this, the stay was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for bringing the cleanliness issue in your first room to my attention. I have passed this along to my other managers and addressed the issue with the Executive Housekeeper in hopes to resolve this happening in the future to another guests. I am so sorry you experienced this at our hotel as this is not the normality for our operation. Please come back and see us sometime and I will be sure to take care of you personally. Thank you again!
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was in town for a wedding and as it always does something went wrong. My wedding clothes were lost by the postal office. Heather (bartender) and Ryan (front desk) were a GOD SEND!! When the clothes had not arrived on THE DAY OF WEDDING I went to the pool bar to mellow my nerves before contacting the bride. Heather being the diva that she is, could since something wrong and engaged in conversation. After being made aware of the mini-drama she contacted Ryan at the front desk who immediately got on the phone to locate nearby shops. This tag-team super duo saved the wedding! I mean they were able to locate white linen pants the day before labor day. Nothing short of a miracle I tell you!! I realize there are three Hampton Inn's located in the immediate area but there is only one in my book!! Thanks for everything!! Three snaps and rewind!! ;)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow! Heather and Ryan really appeciated your kind words about their level of service. I love my team and I know they truly care for each and every guest that comes to our property. I am so glad you found some last minute threads so you could make it to your firend's wedding, it's always something when travelling. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon and please let us know if you need anything in the meantime.
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I traveled from Greenville to Wilmington, NC and enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Wrightsville Beach. The hotel was located near fine eateries and within 2 miles of the ocean. We loved the pool for quiet relaxation and traveled to the beach for a special time walking the sand dunes. Dinner was at Brasserie du Soleil. We highly recommend it along with the Hampton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your weekend at our property and hope to have you return anytime you are in the Wilmington area. I love our pool and courtyard area and I am so glad you mentioned it in your review. Brasserie du Soleil is absolutely my favorite restaurant in the area, excellent choice. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon, take care.
Charlottesville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed in hotel while moving our daughter in to her new apartment. Service was excellant and accomodation clean and in good shape. The bed was comfortable and bathroom clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Wished we had a stocked minibar, but snacks and drinks were available in the common area downstairs. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words our property we really appreciate you taking the time to write a few thoughts about your experience. I am glad you found the hotel to be accommodating and comfortable and we hope you will return to our property when visiting your daughter or even if you just need a private get away. Thank you and please come back soon!
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I always like staying here when we come to the beach - we have a good time - it is in close proximity to restaurants and the beach. The free breakfast here doesn't hurt, either! The rooms are large and the bathrooms are clean and updated. Usually there is a manager's reception between 5 and 7p with some drinks and appetizers. Love me some hampton inn!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel when you are in the area and hope that you feel at home when you are with us. Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about our property and for the kind words about our hotel and the amenities. Take care and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!