“Nice, Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Nice, Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is nice, as are most Hampton Inns and partners with Hilton. The breakfast is standard with a few hot foods, waffle maker, cereals and oatmeal, fresh fruits and pastries. The room was nice. Duvets are washed for each guest. Desk, micro-fridge, wet bar, coffee maker, 32 inch flat screen TV and desk. Bathroom was updated and very clean. Seemingly safe location, although I will say that it's not very close to the cool downtown happenings of Wilmington and not immediately close to nice restaurants. For a business trip, this is fine.

Room Tip: I didn't have any problems, but rooms facing the parking lot might be a bit more quiet than faci...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your review i believe you truly touched on some important information about our proprty. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and we hope that we see you again in the near future. In the meantime if you need anything at all please let me know!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Flowery Branch, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We spent at night at the Hampton inn & Suites/Wrightsville Beach and we were impressed with the friendly staff and very nice property. Our room was clean, well laid out, and quiet, however it didn't have a refrigerator or microwave. We had a nice view from the 3rd floor over looking the pool. The check in was smooth, the staff was very pleasant and efficient. We enjoyed the beautiful pool. It was clean, the water warm and the surrounding area was very pretty. The pool attendant went and got us towels and delivered them to our table as there were none when we got there. They have a nice bar in the lobby, so you can relax with a glass of wine after dinner. There is also a nice patio right outside the door. The breakfast was well stocked and was set up at 6a which came in handy as we had to hit the road early.
It was a nice place to stay and we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your opinion my team and myself truly value all the kind things you had to say. I am glad our services met your expectations as it is our goal not only to meet those but to exceed any and all expectations. I am sorry for the inconvenience of having a mini-fridge in room and want to let you know for future reference we do have rooms availble with a mini-fridge as well as room that have full kitchens. I hope you get the chance to come back to Wilmington sometime soon and as always we hope to continue to win your business and serve as your home away from home. Take care and thank you again!
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This Hampton inn is another winner! ,convienence, close to shops, beach, restaurants and what a fabulous staff. Happy hour a surprise! All my pillows requested waiting for me. Clean, and a happy surprise!

• Stayed June 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at our property. Our location is definitely one that is desirable to the area and we pride ourselves on our level of service. I hope you can come back and stay with us again in the near future. Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Hampton was a little different from mosts in that it was set back and did not have a recognizable sign due to zoning laws I presume for it s location. Well the room was clean the furniture was dated and scratched - TV reception was snowy and hit or miss. The value for $211 was overpriced for what you received. Also, when given a King Size bed I find it ridiculous that you are given standard size pillows that make it impossible to sleep on such a large bed. I would not stay at this particular Hampton again

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to bring the problems you had with your stay to our attention. I would love to be able to talk to you through e-mail to further discuss the details as well as pinpointing which room you were in and so fourth. If you could please e-mail me at sdixon@shgltd.com or call me at the hotel 910-256-9600 I would really appreciate the opportunity to talk to you. I hope I can further assist you and I am sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. Thank you for your review as it is imperative to our operation to improve on any and all areas of service continuously.
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Very nice hotel near Wrightsville Beach area. Front desk went about and beyond to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one. Clean, quiet room. Overall a well maintained hotel. Small complaint is the sign is extremely hard to see from the road. Unfortunately, I believe this is a zoning issue as all businesses in the area had signs on the ground. There's so many trees is makes it hard to pick out anything, even something large like the grocery store across the street. Takes about 5 minutes to get to Wrightsville Beach if the bridge is not up and about 15 to downtown Wilmington. I will stay there again if I ever end up back in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel your thoughts are important to us and are the foundation in which we continue to provide great service to our guests. I am sorry you had a hard time finding us and you are correct with the zoning laws restricting large commercial signs. We understand the frustration especially when driving on the road awhile but we appreciate you finding us and from now on you can find us right away and we can be your "secret spot" to stay while you are in the area. We value your business and hope that we will see you return in the near future. Please let me know if you need anything in the meantime!
Gray, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I just spent two nights here as part of a conference. Breakfast was great, conference room was quiet and comfortable but pool/courtyard adjacent with great view. Free wine and beer every night from 4:00-7:00 p.m. which is great for networking happy hours. Rooms were clean and spacious and sooooo quiet!! Wonderful front desk staff who were always smiling and pleasant.

I want to give a special shout out to the housekeeping staff who were super friendly. One of the staff was so kind and helped me find Febreeze when the tropical storm humidity left the armpits of my jacket less-than-fresh.

Pool was very clean and warm at night even though it's not heated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am glad you got to visit us during your conference and enjoyed your experience with us. Please come back and stay again next time you get a vacation so you can enjoy yourself without any other obligations. We would love to continue to provide you with a welcoming place to stay any time you are in the area no matter wheter it be business or please. Take care and we will see you soon!
Powhatan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Overall we enjoyed the stay here, but thought sure they'd have a microwave and small refrigerator in every room. There was poor drainage of water in the room, but the particular suite we had was very nice. The bed was comfortable, and the kitchenette was nice. The location was nice being not far from the beach, and the appearance of the motel was nice. We would consider staying there in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Unfortunately, we do not have mini-fridges and microwaves in each room but we do have the option. It is so important to us to hear what the guests need and expect so we can continue to make adjustments and improvements to better serve our guests. I cannot thank you enough for your time in writing this review and we sure do hope you come back in the near future.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!