We have just returned from our honeymoon which turned out a disaster. Today is March 3rd,2008. I did book my resevations on line however, I was on the phone with a guest services person at the same time of booking. They didn't have a clear desciption of the room that I wanted but they did show a picture. I called the hotel to ask what to book in order to get the room that I wanted. Well I was misinformed, went by the info that I was given on the phone and very upset upon arrival. My honeymoon suite was not what was shown on the internet site and I was later told by another employee that not only was that room already booked since the 8th of last month but you also had to book that particular room directly through the hotel. Needless to say after several calls to the hotel I was not told that I had to book that room directly through them. I was told that if I clicked on whirlpool/fireplace room that I was booking that room.(the one in the picture)
I was told that I would be comped a room and put into my requested room the following day. The following day I went to see the second room that they were going to move me to and that was a worse room than the one I was already in. When I went down to the front desk to tell them that it was still not the right room I was told by Brenda that since they comped my room and I was not paying for it then it shouldn't matter which room it was.
Needless to say I was livid!!. They didn't care or realize that this was my honeymoon weekend. Then the guest services person told the 800 customer service person that the room they tried to put me in was the only honeymoon suite that they had. I later spoke to another guess services person who stated the it was some type of LG room, it could not be booked on line. I would have accepted the fact that we booked the wrong room if I had not questioned the guest services person on the discription and asked her if she was sure that it was the room on line to book. She never stated to me that you couldn't book that room on line. She also stated that it was the only room they had like that but didn't tell me it was booked! If she had said it was booked that would have lead me to seek another hotel with the type of accomodations that I was seeking. After complaining to the 800 number guest services they had the general manager to call me Monday. He said that he was getting a different story from the employee and there was nothing else they could do since they comped my room and purchased us dinner. Well, I would have preferred to pay the price and get what I wanted. Do these people think that FREE makes it alright? After being spoken to in the manner in which we were spoken to on Saturday FREE couldn't possibly fix it.
Moral of this simply stated is be careful what you book even if you are speaking to one of their guest services personel because they will tell you anything to get their hotel booked. Also pictures are not what you get for your money in this hotel. Oh yeah, we were put into a suite with a fireplace and whirlpool just not what we wanted. According to the general manager we got what we booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the beach without the beach prices! Located 1.3 miles to Wrightsville Beach and adjacent to Summer Rest Trail if you would like to take a relaxing walk/run down to the Intracoastal Waterway.Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach-Landfall Park, we're passionate about taking good care of you. That's why we offer a broad range of services and amenities to make your stay exceptional. In addition to our outstanding service, the Wilmington Hampton Inn & Suites offers a full service bar, guestrooms with LCD flat screen TV's, connecting rooms, cribs upon request, hair dryers, and irons. Laundry/valet services, guest Laundromat, fitness facility, and a large outdoor pool with gazebo bar are only a few of the amenities offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach Hotel Wilmington
- Hampton Inn And Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
- Hampton Inn Hotel Wilmington
- Hampton Inn Wilmington
- Wilmington Hampton Inn