Let me say first above all things at this HIE was that the people were really nice. But kind of like Thelma Lou's cousin that went out with Gomer, it was about the same situation. Although it seems that many things have been done with the rooms interior-wise, the rooms still had a blocky, basic look that was not warm or inviting upon entry. The bathroom was of a decent size. The sitting chair over in the corner was ok, but not made for sitting in for extended periods of time.
I had booked with IHG over the phone to use points for the room, but the lady I spoke with completely botched the reservation, which I didn't find out until we arrived to check in. Unfortunately the gentleman helping me at the front desk, while very nice, seemed to just be coming off of training or didn't have enough experience with the computer system to fix things for us. Another person behind the desk had to help him.
The breakfast was not the greatest I've had at one of these properties....Yes, I know the eggs are instant, but they don't have to be that watery. Turkey sausage links were definitely better than patties.
The shower rod was about to come out of the wall and the lamp on the nightstand decided to swallow its switch when we used it once. I've never had to call the front desk for that much maintenance before. I think what bothered me was that whenever we talked to anyone about getting help for things the question "When are you checking out" was asked....does it really matter? This crap is broke and you need to fix it, if not for me, then for everyone coming after me.
The outdoor pool was a good option to have, Typically it was empty and my daughter enjoyed it. It would have been nice to see someone cleaning it each day, or at least have the pole with a net so I could have fished out the leaves and bugs that seemed to always be floating around in it.
At least they had Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® & Suites Wilmington - University Center offers an ideal location in mid-town Wilmington. Our hotel is less than one mile from the campus of UNC-W. We have great amenities, such as an outdoor pool, complimentary Wi-Fi access and hot breakfast. Corporate guests soon find out why we're one of the best hotels in Wilmington, NC for business travelers, as we offer business work stations with printing capabilities, as well as access to copy and fax services. We have more than 1,600 sq ft of flexible meeting space that will handle groups of up to 150 people. In addition, companies such as General Electric, Corning, Verizon Wireless and PPD are all close to our location. Our hotel is a great place for leisure travelers, too! We're close to the USS North Carolina Battleship and Children's Museum of Wilmington. Families can visit the Cape Fear Museum or explore historic downtown. We're also near Mayfaire Town Center, and some of North Carolina's most beautiful beaches are just seven miles away. While you stay with us, our staff will make sure that you enjoy every aspect of your stay. We serve a complimentary hot breakfast every morning, featuring our signature cinnamon rolls and more. Reserve a room with us today, and you'll see why our guests return year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Wilmington
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Wilmington
- Holiday Inn Wilmington
- Wilmington Holiday Inn