You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Benson, NC
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Can you say clean? I am a cleanliness fanatic and this hotel was CLEAN! They have a 100% sanitation grade! The bedding was fabulous too! I can't say enough about the front desk staff and the breakfast staff. The breakfast was great too (except for the powdered eggs). Pool area is nice and well kept and they provide towels for the pool area and they give you a snack bag at check in with choc. chip cookies and bottled water which I thought was really nice. Only a 20 min. drive to the beach so the location was convenient as well. My family and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear npbenson,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write such a kind review of the property. I am glad that we were able to provide a relaxing (and clean :) )environment for you to stay in while you were in Wilmington, NC!

Our staff takes great pride in presenting the hotel as cleanly and neatly as possible. I will be sure to share your comments with them so that they know their efforts are being noticed.

Again, thank you very much for your review! We appreciate knowing the things that specifically please our guests!!! We look forward to welcoming you again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Wilmington, NC.

Jessica W. Dowell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

The desk staff went above and beyond what I expected. Room was comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was better than most free breakfasts. Housekeeping staff were pleasant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Dear kmf_10,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review of your experience with us for other TripAdvisor members to see. I am so glad that we were able to provide a perfect place for you to stay while you were in Wilmington, NC!

As we are constantly trying to provide the best products and service to our hotel, I must tell you about our next big upgrade. You may have noticed that we've been hard at work making our property a better place for our guests to be over the last few months, and we're going to make our next big step the installation of energy-efficient LCD television sets in all of our guest rooms! We expect these to be in and working by the end of the week. Hopefully you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the area and will get to see these great new television sets in action!

Again, thank you for all of your kind words. I will be certain to share them with our staff so that they will know that our guests recognize it when they are provided with a spectacular product and service experience. Please let me know if there's ever anything that I can do to enhance your experiences at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Wilmington, NC.

Denver, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed here while visiting UNCW with our 2 teens. Great location. Lighted, safe parking lot. Looked newly updated. Friendly staff. Fitness center has 2 treadmills, although one was not working, one elliptical, 1cycle, bench, free weights, medicine balls. Needs a fan. Breakfast had a good variety and lots of seating. Our room was updated with new tile and granite counters, nice furniture and decor. But unsure why they still have old televisions and not flat screens in the rooms? Also, I am giving the sleep quality a 3 because our beds had old mattresses on them. The bedding was clean and nice, but the mattresses were bad. All 4 of us woke up with sore backs and woke up several times uncomfortable. Hampton inn mattresses are much much better and worth paying the extra $20 just for the mattresses.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear jj1smith,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I appreciate that you left such clear comments about what you did and did not enjoy during your stay, and I was very glad to hear that we impressed you overall.

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards that you have come to expect from the Holiday Inn Express brand. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our mattresses. I will investigate this issue with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Thank you for staying with us while you visited UNC-W! We love getting to know UNC-W families for 4 (5, 6...) years and following the students' progress and personal/professional growth through that time. We want you to truly feel as if our hotel is your "home" in Wilmington and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

Jessica W. Dowell
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

My fiancee & I came to this hotel from the one on 5032 Market street, (never stay @ that one) & reserved a suite w/a jacuzzi. The suite was very clean & comfortable. We truly enjoyed our stay @ this hotel the clerks were very friendly, & truly pleasant. The breakfast was exalent. A great variety to choose from. The 2 days we stayed, both days there was a different meal that was delicious. We reconmmend to everyone traveling to stay @ this hotel. (Ps. The cleaning staff was very efficient & really friendly. Thankyou Holiday Inn Express @ Van Campen Blvd. For a beautiful Valentine`s wknd. W/my honey. We had a great time there.

• Stayed February 2011
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Dear jsgoods,

Thank you for choosing to spend your Valentine's Day weekend with us, and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We appreciate hearing such wonderful comments from our guests and hope that we will always be your hotel of choice in Wilmington, NC.

I will pass your remarks about the excellent customer service you received along to our staff. We are confident that we have the friendliest, most customer-oriented employees in the area. I am glad that their service, along with the whirlpool suite you rented, made for a fabulous weekend!

Thank you, again, for your comments about our hotel. If there is ever anything that we can do to make a visit to Wilmington even more comfortable for the two of you, please let me know. You can call the hotel at (910) 392-3227 or email us at gm.hxwilm@centrexproperties.com.

iluvcisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

We stayed here 2 nights in early January and could not be more pleased with the quality and cleanliness of the room Had a 2 room king size suite which allowed one of us to sleep in and the other to watch TV in the living room. The entire suite and bathroom were immaculate, the beds and pillows comfortable, and the staff were ever so pleasant. Do wish the TVs were flat-screen but that is just a small quibble. Location is great and allows easy access to the entire city of Wilmington. Many restaurants in the area - both chain and individual. The breakfast was satisfying and was fresh and nicely displayed. Be assured that we will stay here again on our next trip to Wilmington. The price was very affordable for the quality of the room!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear iluvcisle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel! I am so glad to read so many good things about your stay, and hope that other TripAdvisor members will find your review to be just as informative as I did.

I, too, LOVE the king suites. Having a luxurious king-sized bed in a private bedroom, a separate living room, two televisions, a couch, a dinette table, and all of that extra space is sure to add value and comfort to anyone's trip! Try our "Imperial Suites" for your next stay - they offer a slightly different layout that you may enjoy even more.

Again, thank you very much for letting us know what went "right" with your stay. We hope that you will be able to return to the Wilmington, NC area again soon (maybe for the Azalea Festival?). Please contact me directly if there's anything that I can do to ensure that your next stay is just as perfect as this one was.

Macon, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Close to UNCW,airport,nearby downtown and Wrightsville Beach,many,many shopping and dining choices in immediate area,this is a great location. Daniel welcomed us pleasantly and efficiently at the front desk to begin an enjoyable stay at this hotel. We were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite because of our status as Platinum Ambassadors with Intercontinental hotels. Everything was clean,the room was quiet,except for a little traffic noise early Monday morning.The breakfast was the normal HIE fare and the room was clean,and everything was well stocked by Ronda. Also,unlike so many places the TV wasn't blaring to drown-out conversation. Instead,there was some quiet background music,making breakfast much more relaxing for both of us. If you need a centrally located place to stay in Wilmington,quiet and clean,I highly recommend this hotel. It's easy access right at the end of I-40 as it becomes College Rd--just a block off of College.Also,you are right across the street from the back of Walmart,so you can walk around to the entrance(faster than driving) in case you forgot or need something. How convenient is that?? You could walk to several restaurants(Hooters & IHOP) over on Market,but for those down College you'll need to drive. There's also a Golden Corral 2 blocks away if you're really starved. Just a great facility to chhose whiole visiting Wilmington,and my top recommendation here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Dear kingfather,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate hearing such specific details about what we're doing correctly. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us, and we value the relationships that you've created with various members of our staff. When we get to know our guests' stories, it starts to feel like a member of our family has shown up when they check in, and that's one of the best things about being in the hotel industry!

I hope that we will always be able to provide you with a place to call home in Wilmington, NC. If there is ever anything that I can do to ensure that your stays are pleasant and comfortable, please call me at (910) 392-3227 or email us at gm.hxwilm@centrexproperties.com .

Thank you again for such a wonderful review!

Summerville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

we stayed in the jacuzzi suite for a relaxing night along our trip. the suite was pretty nice. we got a really good deal because of our platinum membership with holiday inn. at regular price, i wouldn't say it is worth the money.
positives:
great area, safe, comfy bed and pillows, good breakfast!
negatives:
old TV's- i would expect a flat screen in a suite. also, ours didnt work half the time, so we had to watch tv in the living room part of the suite, rather than in bed.
the jacuzzi water was brown- like really rusty, that was a little disappointing. i was looking forward to a nice soak in the tub.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear scjulie11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you also for being loyal to Holiday Inn Express and other IHG properties, and for maintaining your Platinum Elite status with the Priority Club Rewards program! I am glad that you enjoyed most aspects of the suite that you stayed in while you were recently at our hotel, and that you found our hot breakfast bar to be a delight!

I am sorry that there was a problem with the water in your whirlpool tub. While I agree that the issue caused quite an inconvenience for you, it is not representative of a typical experience that our guests have with our whirlpool tubs. I invite you to call me before your next stay and I will arrange for a complimentary upgrade to another whirlpool suite if there's availability during your visit. I hope that your second experience will be a superb one!

Again, thank you for reaching out to our hotel and to other TripAdvisor members by posting a review of our property. If there is anything else that I can do to make your next stay a perfect one, call me at (910) 392-3227 or email us at gm.hxwilm@centrexproperties.com.

Jessica Dowell

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center? Share your experiences!