“Tranquil small town oasis” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Big Mill Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamston
Big Mill Bed and Breakfast
You added Big Mill Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1607 Big Mill Rd., Williamston, NC 27892   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Williamston B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Tranquil small town oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I'm actually writing this review on our last evening here as my husband draws our daughter a bath in the wonderful Packhouse suite where we're staying. The ambience of the house is idyllic with all the touches you'd hope for: plump down feather pillows, comfortable throws, ambient lighting for reading, a big hammock outside to swing in, fresh baked cakes and fruit every day. Just bliss. I'm sad even thinking about leaving this wonderful place tomorrow evening to head back to the big smoke of London. I hear the buzz of crickets chirping and am sitting outside this beautiful farm after taking the last breakfast tray of fresh baked breads and homemade yoghurt from Chloe. We've spent 3 nights here and could have stayed much longer. It's a quiet little town so prepare to relax and unwind with Chole's genuine hospitality. Nothing was too much trouble and we've all felt totally relaxed and at home here. Not often the case with an active 1 1/2 year old in tow!!! The wi-fi connection was a little sporatic but I'm actually ashamed that I'm even concerned about that. Thanks for everything Chloe and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

What a wonderful place! Chloe's hospitality was exceptional, even down to putting air in our tires for us when we unexpectedly found a low tire alarm and no air at the gas stations in town. She's prepared for anything! A great cook too! I'm even recommending the inn for my son's upcoming honeymoon...

Room Tip: The Mardi Gras Suite was nicer than even expected!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

What can I says other than we throughly enjoyed our 1 night stay at ithe Big Mill B&B. Chloe was terrific to deal with and so knowledgable and helpful. We all enjoyed the Mardi Gras room as it was so spacious and comfortable.

The breakfast was heavenly

We'll be back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We just returned from an absolutely lovely weekend at Big Mill. Looking to get out of town for a few days, my husband and I booked a few days in the Corn Crib... and are so glad that we discovered this special spot.

The property is absolutely beautiful, with charming farm buildings scattered across well-maintained grounds. There are Adirondack chairs, wrought iron seating, and hammocks placed around the area-- even an intimate sitting area set up beneath a grape trellis illuminated with tiny white Christmas lights. It seems that there is a special place to talk, read, dream, and share a picnic everywhere you look.

Chloe prepares an outstanding Continental breakfast and delivers it to your room each evening. During our stay, the breakfast included some combination of fresh fruit, homemade breads, granola, jams, quiche, Greek yogurt, and a thermos of orange juice and milk. We loved the convenience of having our own miniature kitchen in the room and took advantage of it each day by preparing our own wine and cheese picnics which we enjoyed in our room and outside at night.

The Corn Crib is an intimate little hideaway and with its overstuffed chair-and-a-half, two-person countertop seating in the kitchen, and queen bed, it's absolutely perfect for the couple who loves to spend time together. We're looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed at Big Mill for three nights, and I really enjoyed my stay.The setting was very peaceful with ponds and fields.My room was spacious, and the quilts were just lovely. Thanks to the owner bringing breakfast the night before, I was able to enjoy it the next morning in my pajamas! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

This was the perfect weekend getaway for us. Completely relaxing! Chloe took great care of us, the food was delicious, we really liked the rooms, and the location was beautiful.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
richmond va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I had a rough month (my 18-year old dog died) and needed time to collect myself - so I decided to go back to nature. Big Mill B&B was a farm before it was converted to a B&B, so it was a perfect spot. Private entrance to my room (The Mule Room) and breakfast served to the room were great bonuses. I watched the evening primrose put on a nightly floor show, paddled around on the pond, and watched hummingbirds and butterflies while swinging in the oversized hammock. 3 days later and I was ready to take on the world. Thank you, Chloe!

Room Tip: All have private entrance.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Big Mill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!