“Average hotel with outrages pet fees! NOT that Pet Friendly!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Williamston

You added Holiday Inn Express Williamston to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Williamston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1071 Cantle Court, Williamston, NC 27892 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamston)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Williamston
Norfolk, Virginia
“Average hotel with outrages pet fees! NOT that Pet Friendly!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel TWICE this month due to our horse being in local shows. Having NEVER been to Williamston before, I was told by other show folks that this hotel would give us discounted room rates and they were PET FRIENDLY. They are convenient to the show grounds, so I took the time to research rooms before booking 2 rooms for myselfy and my trainer. Our first visit was ok, and I paid for suites, not just standard rooms. I was charged pet fees of $55 per night. Our rooms were on the top floor which was difficult for taking our dogs outside so I wanted to make sure I made my reservations early, and asked for a BIGGER suite on the ground floor for the NEXT show weekend. The room was GREAT because it was right beside the side exit door but for the additional cost and then to have over $100 of pet fees slapped on the room charges PER night was a bit much! I have 4 dogs, all small who travel frequently with me to hotels ( even 5 star hotels!), and I have NEVER been charged this much money in pet fees! I complained to management but they refused to reduce the charges! Our total bill was over $500 for 2 nights at an AVERAGE hotel! I EVEN requested NO maid service was necessary during our stay! Also, we paid for ANOTHER room for our horse trainer! BEWARE pet owners, this hotel will stick it to you in pet fees if you are honest and TRY to be a responsive pet owner! I will NOT be giving this hotel my business again!

Room Tip: If you want a ground floor suite near an exit door 101 was a good choice for us & our dogs!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear jebachord,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Haddam, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My fiance and I were here from Connecticut to visit family - we stayed for 5 days. When we checked-in, staff member Mike was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and very comfortable. To our suprise, the complimentary breakfast had an awesome selection of hot food and a wide variety of drinks. Special thanks to our housekeeper, Miss Emma, for going out of her way to make sure our room was very clean and had plenty of fresh towels every day. I would highly reccoment the Holiday Inn Express in Williamston, NC - trust me, you will not be disappointed!!!

Patty and Johnnie from Connecticut

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Holiday Inn Express is the best hotel in Williamston, NC. My fiance and I stayed in this hotel and we feel so welcomed. The staff was really nice especially Mike and the housekeepers. The room that we stayed was really clean and big. The breakfast area was really neat and the food was good. People who are planning for a trip I recommend this hotel. It has the best of everything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but this place made such an impression on my stay I felt the need to. We spent ten days here and it felt like we were visiting family. The staff and manager were very friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean and comfortable. Mrs. Diedre and Ms Fannie in the breakfast room doted on us, and the pancakes were a delicious surprise. Housekeeping fit their schedule around ours (Thank you so much for this). When we arrived I asked where I might purchase a needle and some thread to repair some clothing, and the desk clerk actually bought the yarn for me after she finished her shift! Recommendations for restaurants and places to visit were greatly appreciated. The hotel is located on the highway, but far enough off the street that you really don't pick up any noise. Theres a huge, and I mean huge horse complex opposite the hotel, I have never seen so many cowboys and cow girls under one roof before. My only complaint is the same I have with all Holiday Inn properties - the beds are a little too firm for my liking, my wife on the other hand loves them, go figure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Diane C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Nicholas, I want to thank you from the hotel and all the staff for not only choosing the Holiday Inn Express Williamston for your 10 day stay, but for being such great guests. (It makes us truly happy that you felt like family while staying at this hotel). We understand all guests have a choice where to stay. We live by one underlying culture, SERVICE SERVICE SERVICE. We wish to provide all guests exceptional service each and every visit. I will personally pass on your comments to Fannie and Diedre.
Pikeville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed for a horse show across the street at the Bob Martin Center.
The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were great! Kara Jo is a sweet girl. She recommended Ribeyes to eat and even gave us a coupon for free desert! The atmosphere is so alive and friendly. Always laughing and having a good time!
We will definitly be coming back again for our horse shows!
Wouldnt stay anywhere else!
The breakfast is a great bonus too.

Room Tip: If you are a priority club member, you almost always get a complimentary upgrade!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Diane C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Kelly, thank you for your kind comments. We are always happy to provide complimentary upgrades to Priority Club Members when available. As you are no doubt aware no other hotel can compare when it comes to the many numerous suites we have. I remember you are particularly fond of the suites having both Jacuzzi tubs and 2 LCD TVs and we are happy we could accommodate your preference on this visit.

Our Stay Smart Breakfast is extremely popular, we do like to vary the selection each day to ensure our long term guests have a different surprise each day!

As you are aware, since this is the only hotel that is located directly opposite the Senator Bob Martin Agricultural Center we are the number one choice for all horse shoe attendees!
Southwest Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed there on 2/23/13. Rooms were clean and layed out well. The staff was friendly. But the internet needs some upgrades. If you use Apple products the internet will not work. We tried our Ipad and Ipod. Called the desk but she said Apple devices will not work. Also at 9AM the breakfast area was a mess and not stocked well at all. Had to go out to eat a good breakfast. May stay there another time but Hampton Inn has them beat. Does have great access to the Bob Martin Center across the road. Ribeyes Steak house is very good.

Room Tip: Try Hampton Inn first. If full then try Holiday Inn Express.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Grayson, you spoke and we listened! I am please to announce that the Holiday Inn Express Williamston has both upgraded its entire wireless solution within the hotel providing guests trouble free access to the internet but also has the most reliable, fastest internet connection of any hotel in Williamston! Ipads, Iphones, Lenovo, Acer, Toshiba, HP, Macs etc etc all work with no issues. The internet solution provided far exceeds both Hilton and IHG standards and as always is provided to Holiday Inn Express guests as a complimentary service.

2/23/13 as you are no doubt aware was a very busy date for us and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at breakfast time. We are glad you chose to stay with us over local competitors and we look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future.
eastern nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff is extremely friendly, professional and helpful, I was provided an immediate upgrade upon check in being an Elite Platinum Priority Member. The rooms are well appointed, quiet and beds are wonderful. Complimentary breakfast was very good and having coffee available at all times in the lobby is a nice convenience.

The lobby is not typical, you walkin and are greated with a great looking hard wood and granite counter top lobby, I am told this hotel used to be a Marriot hotel that changed to a Holiday Inn Express. Its really very nice.

The gym is very good, great new treadmill and elliptical. I'm on the road so much good gyms are hard to find (or at least good quality workout machines).

The exterior of the property was very pretty and the hotel really looked new. Very surprised as I was told the hotel has been there since 2003.

I highly recommend this hotel based on customer service and value for money. As an added convenience the steak house at the rear of the hotel is exceptional if you like a good ribeye steaks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Diane C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Adelia, may I thank you on behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Williamston staff and Management Company for your kind words. We share all our guests comments with each and every member of our team so we continue to meet expectations of all guests and ensure we respond appropriately if we should fall short.
The gym we have is state of the art as you have discovered and boasts all new equipment. Ribeyes Steakhouse is widely recognised as the best restaurant in the area and not only has the finest Omaha Steaks, but also a full salad bar and a full bar open late on weekends.
We look forward to your return visits.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Williamston? Share your experiences!