“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Wilkesboro
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

Loved our stay here. We usually stay at HIE and this one didn't disappoint. Very helpful front desk clerk named Leah she recommended Tiptons for Dinner and it was awesome. Clean nice room. Internet ok. Nice pool. AC worked great

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I wish to express special thanks to Casey Sloan, Front Desk Manager, who goes beyond the call of duty to assure her customer's comfort while staying at the Holiday Inn Express, Wilkesboro. So very helpful, pleasant, courteous, and just a great asset to the Holiday Inn, it is our hope they appreciate the asset they have in this employee!!

The Hotel was very clean, and this compliment comes from a pretty harsh critic. The breakfast was really nice and staff most attendant.

I hope to visit again and bring friends. You will enjoy your stay here!!!
Sheila Blevins, Deputy Clerk Circuit Court

• Stayed July 2009
Kingsport TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Stayed here only one night, however, if awards were given for cleanliness and hospitality this inn deserves one. The people at the front desk coming and going were exceptional and the room was clean as a pin. The breakfast was very good and the the seating area was very spacious and airy. Would recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

This hotel is very clean and the staff are super nice. We stayed only one night but everything was great. The breakfast was very good. I would recomend this hotel to anyone staying in the Wilkesboro area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I booked this hotel (over the Hampton Inn) after reading all of the 5 star reviews it had previously received on Tripadvisor.com, so my expectations were high. I was a bit disappointed when I pulled into the parking lot and saw that this was an older hotel. I think it was probably another chains hotel previously and then the Holiday Inn Express renovated it. My room was a bit dated and some of the wall paper was pealing. It just wasn't the new, fresh smelling, modern hotel that I was expecting.
That said......there was nothing wrong with the hotel or my room. The bed was comfy and the room also had a mini fridge. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful when recommending a restaurant. The breakfast was okay, but I have had better at other Holiday Inn Express hotels.
There was nothing wrong with this hotel, but it was average at best. The Hampton Inn looked much newer and I will be staying there my next time in Wilkesboro.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
HolidayInnWilkesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this review, May 28, 2009
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. With the help of your suggestions we aim to continue to provide great customer service and a memorable and pleasant stay.

We wish to make you aware that in the near future the hotel will be updating the exterior of our property with a brand new look and visual feel. This is a large scale renovations that will aid in giving or hotel a very visually appealing look.

We hope to have you back with us and receive your thoughts once the renovation is completed.
Durham, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

First time at a Holiday Inn Express, usually prefer full service hotels, but this was a very pleasant experience. The hotel staff, especially Matt Mayberry, were fantastic and very customer focussed. The free breafast was great - not the usual continental.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

I am a volunteer for Alpha Omicron Pi and I was in charge of planning the Rose Banquet; an event for our newly installed chapter - Sigma Gamma of App State University. We booked the Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, NC to host the event and it was the best choice we made!!! Matt Mayberry, director of sales, was AMAZING!!! He was extremely helpful and was able to accomodate all requests. He was friendly on the phone and through email. Whenever I had a question he got back to me right away!!! Once I arrived at the hotel I realized even more I had made a wonderful decision - the room set up was perfect and anything I needed Matt was there to help me. The event ran smooth and everyone has a GREAT time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro? Share your experiences!