“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 51 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in traveling back to Tennessee. I was really impressed to be greeted by the general manager Brian at the front door and felt very welcomed. He sat us right away and had a wonderful server named Chris? Service was very good and food was fast fresh and hot. Special request was easily accommodated for food allergen. We have several olive gardens in the Johnson city area but this one is by far the best!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newport, NC
“Vomited the night away...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

All seemed well while we were there. Started with the mozerella fondant .. very good. Salad was good as usual. Kids had fettuchini alfredo - but didn't eat much. I had the crab topped chicken which was GREAT. Oldest son had the seafood fettuchini. That was the problem. Poor guy vomited for quite a while, said the scallops tasted funny.

Visited April 2014
Indiana
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This appears to be a fairly new restaurant. We chose OG as we actually didn't even notice RL right there too! Our group of 6 (3adults and 3 kids) were seated immediately during dinner hour. Blessedly, no waiting. Service was really good. Some chose to split entrees and portions still big. They honored any request we had without a fuss. A restaurant we had chosen the evening before charges $4 to split an entree. Food is typical OG but seemed very fresh, hot and delicious. Manager stopped by our table to see if everything to our satisfaction.
Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Millers Creek, North Carolina
“olive Garden review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to the restaurant after church and was seated very quickly. Our server was very nice and friendly. We ordered our lunch and did not have to wait hardly any time at all. It was cooked just right and was seasoned just right . We had a good meal and will go back to eat there again soon.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Durham, North Carolina
“Better to Microwave Something at a Convenience Store”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I'm generally not a fan of chain restaurants for a variety of reasons, but there are times when they can't be avoided if you're out in the middle of nowhere and need a meal.

North Wilkesboro isn't quite "the middle of nowhere" but it's close enough. I regularly pass through on my way to Tennessee. It's a convenient stopping point on Highway 421 for a restroom break and a meal. The only options on this strip are chain restaurants or fast food. I've tried all the other options so I thought we'd try the brand new Olive Garden "Italian" Restaurant. It has been 20 years since I'd stepped foot in an OG. I was hopeful they'd improved.

Most of the time, if I am in a chain restaurant, I'll play it safe and have a salad. Today I wanted to try something different, so I had the Pasta e Fagioli soup and the Chicken Parmigiana (served with spaghetti).

I swear that I have had better soup from a can. Seriously. The only reason I ate most of it was because I didn't have much of a breakfast. I'd have been better off microwaving a can of Progresso soup at a convenience store.

The Chicken Parmigiana wasn't much better. The chicken was flavorless and dry. The pasta sauce was sweet sweet sweet. In retrospect, I should have expected there would be nothing remotely Italian about this dish and that it would be heavily sweetened for American tastes. My Bad.

The bread was simply a skinny loaf of standard white bread (Wonder Bread) coated with butter and salt.

The restaurant itself was nice enough (I guess) for a chain, and the service was friendly. The food is their problem. Lunch has been sitting in my stomach like a big rock. I am afraid it may not pass naturally and that I may have to have it surgically removed.

Oh well, lesson learned. Next time I'm at a chain restaurant I'm sticking with a salad.

• Visited August 2013