“Very good dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Clayton, NC
“Very good dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited Tipton's Bar-B-Que on a recent visit to the area and were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and the portions were huge - you will almost certainly need a "doggie bag". I had the pulled pork BBQ platter and the pork had a really good taste to it. The side dishes were tasty as well. The salad bar is small, but everything on it was very fresh. Very good. The service was excellent. I would not hesitate to eat there again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, NC
“Delicious! And great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had never been to Tipton's, but let me tell you, it was absolutely delicious! The food, 5 stars. The server, 5 stars. The restaurant was clean and we got our food (7 in our group) in a very timely manner!

I highly recommend this restaurant! Trust me, you won't be let down! :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Wilkesboro, NC
“Bland at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

NOT Lexington style barbeque. There was no flavor to the meat. I had a pulled pork sandwich and the bun fell apart midway through. My husband had the steak sandwich and said it had no flavor. We usually go to the Brushy Mountain Smokehouse for BBQ, but it was a Tuesday evening and BMS is closed on Tuesday. The fries were good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Very average place - hard to believe it is the best place in Wilkesboro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very average barbecue. Buns are mushy and cheap and can't be picked up after a bite or two. Hush Puppies seem like they are out of a frozen bag. Service was fine, but we were very surprised this was #1 on Trip Advisor in Wilkesboro. It is so extremely average I can only think that those that rate it have never been anywhere else. I'd rather eat at Ruby Tuesday across the street!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Plenty of food to go around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We decided to give Tipton's a try after hearing about it on the local radio station. The portions were plenty and the kid's meal was more than enough and was the best deal for $3.99 drinks included. I ordered the BBQ sampler and the pulled pork, chicken, and ribs were really good. The only thing that I wasn't too thrilled about is their BBQ sauce. They had two choices and both were vinegar based. It would have been nice if they had other varieties like at Sticky Fingers. When we left, we were all full and had plenty of leftovers. We would definitely come back again but we might bring our own sauce next time.

• Visited September 2012