“Stay away Very far away” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whittier
Golden Eagle Motel
Save Saved
You added Golden Eagle Motel to your Saves list
2 Golden Lane, Whittier, NC 28789   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Whittier B&B and Inns
St Augustine
“Stay away Very far away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I normally make reservations at "other Hotels" but, it was very late and I was working in the area longer than I thought... I really just need a place for a shower and a quick nap before back to work at the **** almost spilled the beans. So I try to walk in the office and its locked and I see a elderly lady sleeping in a chair .
For fear of giving her a heart attack I tap on the window then again then again louder she must had a dead battery in her hearing aid. Finally I guess she had to change her adult diaper I guess.... and she looks up . Look if you are going to run a Hotel next to a Casino that is 24 hours then either keep it open or have someone that has half a brain( Which happened to be the owner) working at the desk.
So we made small talk and all I could smell was urine so I must have been right and I get a room and I tell her that I may need a room for another night or at least a few hours 2 days later. She says "NO problem" So... I get a NON smoking room ARE you kidding? Save your money you do not have to light a cigarette that room smelled like a million cigs were smoked in it the last 3 days.
I could not stand it. but I did not want to wake granny up again so we left after a nasty shower even the water smelled like cigarettes. Did I say the room was something out of the Dollar Store arrangement? anyway...
I called the next day and she had FORGOTTEN to make the reservation for the day after .. Lady you need brain surgery then she begins to argue with me about it?Come on a Cracker box Hotel and a Granny that is half in the grave come on., And she actually called me the day of the reservation that she said she did not have the day before and asked me what time I was coming in?

Give it up Granny

Stay away from this ? Place?

Room Tip: Go some where else