“This is the best thing in Whiteville NC!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sophie' s cafe- bistro

Sophie' s cafe- bistro
616 s Madison street, Whiteville, NC
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 47 restaurants in Whiteville
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert, French
Myrtle Beach
“This is the best thing in Whiteville NC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I love surprises and this was one. The building used to be an old pharmacy back many years ago, and it has one of the best dining settings I have ever been in. It is such a laid back old timey setting with the old Coca Cola decorations and 50's feel. And even more comforting is that it has a huge bookshelf with lots of books. And it has an old southern vibe to it as well. I cannot believe that I have never been here before. I took my daughter on the first trip and had the Lenie', as suggested in the previous review and when I came back the second time with my son, I could not pass up the same sandwich with the side salad, as before. He tried my sandwich and he also agreed that this was just simply awesome. After Thanksgiving we used our left over turkey and made our own rendition of the Lenie'. The little salad is so good too with Raspberry Vinaigrette or the Balsamic Dressing. It is a spring salad and just so light and refreshing. The pasta salad that my son had was also really good. My son had the Wolf pack sandwich and it was loaded with roast beef, bacon, and cheese. I noticed while we were there that they also do breakfast. There is an extensive coffee and espresso menu and they have bagels and pastries. The staff is also really friendly and very accommodating. In addition, we did not try it, but they make homemade milkshakes and have a little dessert bar. You will not be disappointed if you try this place!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Aliso Viejo, California
“High end Americanna food in a small town bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Delicious sandwiches, salads and soup in small town North Carolina. An unexpected and welcome surprise while driving! One daily special: the "Lenie" sandwich - turkey, cranberry, spiced cream cheese, lettuce and tomato on fresh nutty multigrain bread with a side baby greens salad sporting a high end balsamic vinaigrette dressing. My twentysomething son had a meat lover's sandwich (turkey, ham and bacon) on sourdough with a cup of lemon chicken soup. Hubby had roast beef on sourdough with a side of just-right potato salad. Yummy noises all around. Servers were attentive - terrific, classic southern hospitality. Decent cookies and bars for a buck or two to grab for dessert or for the road trip. I would definitely go again if nearby.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“WONDERFUL SANDWICHES AND PASTRIES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We loved the great choice of sandwiches, burgers, home made pastries, milkshakes and ice cream, as well as the surprising decor .

Visited March 2013