“Tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The place really needs an update to its facility, but the food is really good. The sandwiches & meat sauce are all made from freshly ground rib eye (I peeked into the kitchen when the door swung open & they were grinding it right there!)

Visited October 2013

Durham, North Carolina
“looks better inside than the food tastes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I don't know what they did to the pizza but when you picked up a slice everything slid off the pizza dough. I don't mean the toppings just fell off. I'm saying everything (including the sauce) just slid off. You can get a much better pizza at Domino's. I enjoyed the salad bar even though it offered very little. All the items were fresh and tasty. Our server could not remember my tea was supposed to unsweatened and I had to keep returning it (there were only 2 other tables of people in the place at the time so it should not have been that hard to remember).

Visited October 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Yum Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had pizza with hand tossed crust. It was very good. They have a menu with lots of choices and some specials. The prices are reasonable. The wait staff was very nice.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“It's okay, but not my favorite place to eat.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The food is decent, but a little over priced for what you get. Most of the staff are nice, but I have came across a few that are out right rude. The decor is outdated. I haven't ate here in awhile because I have found some other places in town that we prefer better. I wouldn't say I recommend eating here, but if you do it's not the worst place in the county. They also are not open on Monday's.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“First time, last time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited Geno's for the first time last night while traveling through West Jefferson. A sign inside listed the daily special as a large, one topping pizza for $ 15.00 (about one dollar less than regular price). I was dining with my grandson and wife, so I figured I would get half pepperoni (for my grandson) and half mushroom ( for wife and I). My idea was quickly derailed by a waitress who quickly told us that it would count as two toppings and would not qualify for the special. So I ordered a half pepperoni (that fit the guidelines of the special) and sat back an waited.

Shortly after ordering, our waitress brought us a basket of small garlic bread pieces. The basket included some fresh, soft garlic bread which was actually very good. Unfortunately, it also included some hard, stale pieces which apparently had been sitting for a while. The pizza took what I consider longer than usual to arrive. Our waitress was nowhere to be found during that time and we had to ask the "hostess" for a refill of our drinks.

The pizza itself was pretty big. The pepperoni was actually under the cheese rather than on top if it. The crust was paper thin and soggy, making it impossible to hold an eat (had to eat it with fork and knife). The pizza was loaded with cheese, more cheese that I have ever seen on a pizza. I would hate to see what extra cheese would look like! It was also greasier than I would like. It was tasty, 6 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Poor judgment on the part of the waitress/restaurant by not allowing us to get two half toppings, in attentive service and thin soggy crust makes this a place I will not visit again.

• Visited July 2013