“Best Reuben EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
“Best Reuben EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Black Jacks is a great little spot I discovered while living in Todd. The beer selection is always great with tons of local and craft brews to choose from. The Reuben is INCREDIBLE. The owner Virginia makes the sauerkraut from scratch which is really what makes the sandwich.. I drive 17 miles from Boone when I'm craving a Reuben because it is just that good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

ATL
“Delicious burgers, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our lunch here. The burgers were very good and the service was as well. The pub chips (handmade) were excellent. It was busy, so it wasn't the fastest lunch we ever had, but it was fun to people watch and enjoy the clearly local scene. The menu had other items that looked good as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Concord, North Carolina
“Convenient downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We usually eat here at least once when visiting WJ. It is within walking distance of our house, the food is prepared to order and the owner Virginia is always around. I usually get the salad with chicken and have never been disappointed. My Mr. loves the burgers, and they will also give beer samples.

Visited July 2013
West Jefferson, NC
“What... lived here for three years and I just now find the best Burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have lived here for three years now, and were told to get the best burgers in town go to Jack's Pub and Grill ... I must admit when I first walked into the pub i was like.... uhhh and wanted to leave, but being adventurous and hungry i knew to just sit down and eat, so, so, so glad we did! I ordered the best hamburger i have ever had!! Great size burger at a decent price, also offer a good selections of beers. I would say if you are in town it go to Jack’s, sit back have a great burger and a good beer. Staff is very nice, knowledgeable about good brews. Went back to Jack's when my cousin came to town and He loved it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“If you like Fresh, make to order awesome food this is it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We often vacation in West Jefferson, love the feeling and friendliness of this town.
Eating at Black jack's is always something we look forward to, I truly recommend stopping here. The staff is very friendly, service is excellent, when you are there ask for Virginia, chef/owner, very kind and sweet, she makes THE best burgers," Jack Attack " is absolutely the best! Everything is prepared from scratch at the time order is placed. We are from the Miami area and I can tell you that she makes the best chicken wings we have ever had even in the best pubs of Miami. Oh and by the way , if you like stuffed cabbage call her ahead of time (a couple of days) before you plan to go and place the order, she makes them fresh and since locals don't seem to order this much, she prefers to make them for those who request, the stuffed cabbage is ABSOLUTELY delicious, my husband calls from Miami to make sure she can have them for once we get there :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere